Hello! I have always had problems with my urinary tract. Even when I was a child I used to run to the toilet man times since I couldn’t keep the urine and I remember I often had pain during urination. Last week I felt the same symptoms again, burning and pain during urination, and I went to see my doctor. He cultured my urine and said there were bacteria called Escherichia coli. I remember I had this bacteria once before and I used Macrobid which really helped me. My doctor prescribed Macrobid again but it seems it didn’t totally cure my infection.

Hello! Macrobid is used only for the treatment of acute uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus saprophyticus. It is very important to take this medicine exactly as directed. If you skipped the doses or didn’t complete the full course of therapy this could be the reason why it didn’t work well this time. If Macrobid is not taken as directed this may decrease the effectiveness and increase the risk that bacteria will develop resistance to this drug. You should see with your doctor and he should take your urine to the lab again. Maybe it is needed to use other therapeutic agents with broader tissue distribution.