What can you tell me about the Reiter syndrome? I have been diagnosed with it and it looks like it is actually some sort of arthritis, even though I have been experiencing pain in urinary tract and even mouth too. Even though I did have some pelvis problems too, I thought this was nothing more than some kind of non specific urinary infection.

Well, it is a sort of inflammation that affects the urinary tract too, but it is treated as arthritis. Also, the symptoms for this condition might vary a lot from case to case and depending on what organism’s areas are affected, different treatments are applied. If the joints are affected, then NSAID meds are used, if there is a bacteria present in the urine, antibiotics help etc. but don’t worry, it is treatable.

Hello there gerald696,

Since clevie297 has already answered your question only thing I can add and not to repeat his words is that luckily this is treatable and you will be fine. Second if you are suffering from UTI then it is best to take antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. If you leave this condition untreated it could happen that you end up in more serious troubles.

Furthermore you can increase intake of fluids and vitamins into your organism so you can help your organism to fight this bacteria which is bothering you. Also building up your immune system by increasing intake of vitamins you will help your body to fight Reiter syndrome as well.

Good luck and I hope you will get better soon.