The increased pigmentation under my eyes is making me look tired all the time. My sister recently told me that it's possible to bleach your undereye circles for a fresher, more youthful look and I am extremely interested in this. Is there anyone who has done this or at least knows a bit about bleaching your undereye circles? I'd like to know 1) how much it costs, 2) does it really work, 3) how long it takes, 4) where do I go for this and 5) is it painful to bleach your undereye circles and are there any side effects.

Thanks!

Bee

Celebrity

Hey,

I thought I would mention that I started a thread about basically the exact same thing a while back and got a few tips that were really quite useful. It's around here somewhere and you might like to check it out to see if any of those tips could help you too? In my case, it seems like the dark under-eye circles that always make me look tired are caused by hypervascularity. There's some weird pigment stuff going to as well. For now, I've booked in to see a dermatologist soon and I'm hoping I'll get a proper "diagnosis" then and find out what I can do about those circles.

Rosie

I started taking Niacin for the dark circles under my eyes at the recommendation of a naturopath. I did use the bleach cream in the past as well, but then I was told that it can cause skin damage. The Niacin does appear to be helping. Right now I am in the situation that one of my under-eyes is lighter than the other, but that may have something to do with the bleach I used before. So, there's a heads up. Perhaps this is something that could help you too.

XXX

So when you say you wanna BLEACH right under your eyes, yeah, what do you actually mean? Are you talking about specific products you put under there that's meant to make your skin lighter and that are made for that purpose, or are you actually talking about using bleach on your under eye area? I'd be way weary of doing that, simply 'cause it's that sensitive area under your eyes and you don't wanna get bleach in your eyes, do you? To be honest that just sounds like asking for trouble to me. I like to look bright as much as the next gal but that just don't sound right to me.

Dear,

I would honestly give you advice, everything is hidden in our lifestyles and food that we consume:

Greeting!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Lots of people use skin bleaching creams under their eyes, actually. They are pretty effective. You want to use something with Hydroquinone for the best possible results. These creams tend to contain about 2 percent Hydroquinone and that is an amount that is totally safe to use and successfully gets rid of those dark circles. These creams are also good for sending things like freckles, sun spots and melasma packing.

1. Constant sun exposure makes preexisting dark circles under the eyes even worse. Make sure you use a sunscreen especially designed for your eye contours to prevent making the problem worse.
2. Use a reviving eye gel to minimize the appearance of blood vessels under your eyes. This can contribute to undereye circles in a big way.
3. I don't recommend specific products unless I am really happy with them. Vichy's Reti-C Eyes Intensive Corrective Care is one I am happy to recommend. You can apply it to your lids as well as under your eyes and it really helps with discoloration issues.

I really hope this can help you. Those dark circles really suck.

I got the Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream. It is expensive, but worth it. If you have fine lines, sagging, bags, and dark circles it will help with those things quickly but it's actually not a harsh product at all. The Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is free from parabens, which was important to me, and suitable for you even if you have sensitive skin. Shop around because I saw it's more expensive at Sephora than in some other places, especially online.

Celebrity

I have a few questions because there seem to have been a few good suggestions here and I want to know if they will work for me. 

Does the Niacin work if your problem is lots of blood vessels and a thin skin in the area under the eyes? Or do I need to see a dermatologist for that? 

Also, what is a reviving eye gel to minimize the appearance of vessels? Does that really work, and if so how, and also can you recommend a specific product to me?

As I just said on the other thread, I am meant to be seeing a dermatologist soon but I am wondering whether it is really worth it and whether I should cancel the appointment.

I would advise you to look into making your own eye serum, as this is really easy and fun to do and it will save you from having to go to the salon to get expensive treatments to get the skin under your eyes looking just right.

I like a combination of rosehip seed oil, jojoba oil, and grape seed oil for under the eyes myself. Yes, you can add vitamin C in for bleaching effect. If you go to Pinterest you will see there are huge amounts of recipes for home made skin care products around, including for the area under your eyes.

Hi, Have you tried using coconut oil to bust the dark circles under your eyes perhaps? I have been using coconut oil as a moisturizer for a while not and I really like it. You can also use it under your eyes, which will reduce puffiness and because it contains so many vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants it will bust those dark circles along with wrinkles and just give the skin a smoothier, more youthful appearance especially if you are under stress, tired or just not eating well enough.

Not a cosmetic treatment, but I have suffered from chronic sinusitis since I was a teen and had already come to see it as just a normal state of being for me. When I started using a nasal spray (Afrin) for sinusitis not only did my sinusitis get better, but the dark circles under my eyes drastically improved as well. I wasn't sure if I was imagining things so I even asked my doctor about it and he confirmed that clogged sinuses can cause dark circles under the eyes as well. Something people with sinusitis should definitely look into.

Before you can even begin thinking about treating your undereye circles, you need to know what is causing them. Undereye circles have surprisingly many different causes. Even if you are sure that your skin is discolored you may be wrong. Trying to skip salt and drinking can help, and you can never go wrong with using a cold pack on your undereyes. Want more radical solutions? First find out the cause behind your undereye circles and then decide the best option for you.

Some home remedies you may like to try for dark circles under your eyes, because you really have nothing to lose, are:

• Cut out caffeine, or at least cut down.
  • Try to find an effective stress relief method. Stress can make dark circles under your eyes worse. It is not just how long you sleep, but also the quality of your sleep.
  • Half-moon shaped raw potato pieces, applied directly to your under-eye area. Potato contains natural bleach. 
  • Cucumber, on the other hand, contains antioxidants. Same story there: apply directly to the affected area. 
  • Almond oil. I don't know if and why it works, but some people say that it does. 
  • Rose water. 
  • Splash cold water onto the skin under your eyes, because it will constrict the little blood vessels under your eyes, making you look more rested. 

Here are some of the causes of dark circles around the eyes, with treatment options:

- Blue circles around the eyes are caused by blood pooled under the skin and thin skin. Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye Repair works well in this case.
- Brownish/orange circles are most likely caused by sun damage. This is where bleaching will help you. Try Murad Renewing Eye Cream or just lemon juice.

If over the counter treatments do not help after a few months of use, there are also professional treatments such as laser and radio frequency treatments. If you have not seriously experimented with products at home, I would leave that until after you have, because you may see radical improvements from those serums.