Hello. I'm 29 year old female and I have some important questions about my daughter’s health.
You see, she has inherited one difficult disease from my mother and the disease is called Porokeratosis.
I was devastated when I spotted some red, dry patches on her hands and legs and I remembered that my mother also had the same thing for all her life. I have never had any problems with this skin condition.
Please tell me what could I do about all this?
Please, I don’t want that my little daughter suffers from this all her life because it really looks terrible! Are there any kinds of treatment?

Hello. I'm very sorry that your daughter suffers from this terrible skin condition. I didn’t read that you took her to see a dermatologist and I think this is needed for a proper diagnosis. You probably know that treatment of this condition can be very difficult but there last couple of years many improvements were made on that field. You see, there are several optional treatments such as Cryotherapy, 5-Fluorouracil cream, Tretinoin cream, Alpha hydroxy acid cream, Calcipotriol ointment, Oral acitretin, Photodynamic therapy. Cryotherapy using liquid nitrogen (temperature –196C), involving the use of a cryospray, cryoprobe or a cotton-tipped applicator, is probably the best therapy today. Cryotherapy stings and may be painful, but freezing may be the most suitable way of getting rid of many different kinds of surface skin lesion.