I am a 17 year old male and I have noticed for a while my right nipple is very big and puffed up and there is something mildly hard under it, I have no discharge and it doesn't really hurt that bad when I squeeze it however it feels like it is getting bigger. I get worried about these things easily. Any idea on what could be my problem.

Hi Guest,

It's very common for a males nipples to become puffy and to find lumps during puberty.  There are also lymph glands near the breasts that can become inflamed due to an infection somewhere else in the body.

I doubt they are a sign of cancer.  Ask your doctor at your next exam about them.

Good luck.

Thank you so much!

Another question I have, do you think they will be able to get rid of the lump

Please do yourself a favor and see your doctor! My co-founder On the Male Breast Cancer Coalition was 17 when he found a lump , he was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 24 after several different doctors told him it was just due to puberty. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use