MY 11 YEAR OLD SON HAS BEEN COMPLAINING OF HIS NIPPLES HURTING HIM FIRST IT WAS HIS LEFT NIPPLE I FELT IT AND IT WAS A HARD LITTLE NODULE UNDLE THE ARIOLA AND THEN ABOUT A WEEK LATER THE RIGHT NIPPLE HAD THE SAME SYMPTOMS EXCEPT NOW THE RIGHT ONE IS THE MOST PAINFUL I CAN BARELY TOUCH THEM WITHOUT HIM JUMPING IN PAIN CAN YOU TELL ME WAHT THIS COULD BE OR IF ITS JUST A SIGN OF PUBERTY?

i hope someone can answer this question because my husband has the same problem with the left nipple. he often has some leaking. HELP!

I have the same problem as your son also I'm 14.
I have looked around and asked my mother (Physician Assistant).
She told me it has to do with hormones.

ive ha this problem too but i dont hurt quit as a bad ass his it only hurts if i get punched im 14 and ive had this for about 6 mothns i looked it up its called male gynecomia or something and it can last up to 24 months and in some cases longer so i went and bought a surf/swim shirt because im kinda embarrassed for anyone to see it and i cant wait for it to go away i hope i helped

ya man just a puberty thing
dont wory about it. and stop touching ur childs nipples

For the person who has the husband with the hurting nipples and the leakage i suggest seeing a doctor. Its said that anything liquid coming out of the nipples (other than when women lactate) could be a sign of breast cancer

same guys I have the exact same thing. Am 14 now and yeah it is quite embarrassing sometimes so always having a shirt is the safest option lol its not particularly nice to experience it is it?!

i've had the same problem don't worry.. i think it's a sign of puberty.. i've had this a few years ago.. anytime my shirt would touch my nipple it would hurt like hell.. and i would go topless for awhile, and my nipples would get so cold, they almost felt like popping lol.. but it goes away.. just try and rest it off

ok i had this same problem when i was about 13 im now 16
i went to see a doctor as i thought i had breast cancer as i heard it was possbil;e for males to contract such a disease
the doctor told me it is not rare for a adolencent to get these symptoms as it is a merley a build up of tissue

all males have breast tissue which can inflamate as it develops as a teen

if your are extrmeley worried or concious of this there are precedures to get it removed but it shoudl sort its self out naturally over time
im fixed :-)

hope this helps a bit

I'm 13, I have the same problem for bout 6 months now...( lump underneath and pain AND they stick out) I feel really imbarresed about it...

I had the same problem for a little while but mine went away after a couple of months, its nothing serious

i think i have the same problem but mines got to a point where the only way i can wear a shirt is if i cover my nipples with tape. and i had this problem since 8th grade and i just graduated this year from highschool.

i am 14 and have the same problem. they are really swollen but not to bad. its embarrassing. but its cool if u want to go swimming cuz when you get in the water the coldness shrinks it down and u cant even tell. its no big deal it will go away

i am 17 and i have the same problem, just felt it yesterday, no blood at all, it looks normal but when i look closer it has some.. small wound like thing, and it seems to be a little bit more pointed than before

it hurts like theres a clip on it, i am worried and i dont want to ask others coz that would be embarrassing

are u sure its normal??

shouldnt it be that only females should feel the pain in nipple (i have a close friend,a girl, she told me that every time she has menstruation her nipple hurts a little)

ill bookmark this page and go back to view responses, thank you!
im sorry i dont want to leave an email or something that would identify me, i dont want others to know

This is nothing to worry about , it is very normal during puberty. I am 63 years old now but really remember those days when I worried that I might be sprouting big breasts. I had soreness and discharge if I squeezed the nipple. It was embarrassing during gym class when I removed my shirt. I don't think all boys have this problem but many do. It will go away.