What kind of diet should I be following? Any help from you experts would be MUCH appreciated!

I'll start the ball rolling 'cuz I'm on the low end of the dietician learning curve. In my marathon excursions, the ramp up in mileage simply meant for me eating more of what I already do. Largely carbohydrates and trying to get a serving of protein close after a workout. If you read some studies, muscle rebuilding starts immediately after you finish a run, so getting some kind of protein in you within ideally 30-minutes of getting done is one thing I try to do. Other than that, carbs, carbs, carbs is what this caveman does. And if you're not trying to lose weight, one great bene of big mileage, you can just plain out eat a whole lot more than usual

Not being a dietician or nutritionist, or even playing one on the Internet, I'm gonna agree with my fellow caveman jrjo here.

When I was marathon training 2 years ago, I ate when I was hungry but I ate carby stuff. I tried to focus a lot on oatmeal, fruits, veggies, breads, and pasta. I also drink a protein supplement after each workout.

Thanks all! That advice makes sense. With all the bad press carbs get these days, I was a little unsure.