Can't seem to stay on my diet.I go on a diet for a day & a half. All a sudden I start to think of food. What to cook and What to eat. Say to myself no don't go off. So I watch tv. and say if I see thin people that will help me to be like that. All of a sudden I think of food, what to cook &what to eat. Say to my self don't go off. Think of what a better day it will be for me the next day. Am trying so hard. I get moody, yell at my mom & cry. Than I do it. Cook a big meal from appitizers to vegs. to meat & potatoes or pasta. ALso a fancy layer cake. Than I say, I spent time making it & and money. So I eat it. Than all day I pig out. Eat anything & everything. After doing so I hate myself. As eating I saying to myself I feel better just eating alittle.But I go on eating. I look at it as med. I think of thing what had happened to me or bad things on the news. I feel better for that day. Say I will start the next day. I do & than it starts again, All I want to do is hide in my house & hate myself. Get moody with others & cry. I want to be like I was. Take walks, talk to others, & wear alldiffrent kings of fashions. "HELP"!

Celebrity

:) This sounds so familiar. 

Well, hon, this is what usually happens on crash diets - you crash :) You start starving yourslef, your sugar drops and after a day or two you're ready to eat an elephant.

First thing I would do - I wouldn't go on crash diets. Instead - I would sliglty reduce carbs - in terms of bread and grains - but increase veg and protein intake.  

What type of food do you usually eat? 

And what kind of diets do you usually try to follow? 

And second - don't do tv - instead go for a walk - or meet friends, or do some sport. 

it's ok to think about food - but of food in other terms - about how to prepare a HEALTHY MEAL. A grilled chicken with prenty of colorfoul vegs - this looks great on a plate. tell your mom about that and try to prepare a good healthy meal together - you two will spend some quality time together and eat good. And afterwards you two can go for a walk :) 

This is the way to lose weight, hon :) Crash diets won't help, trust me.

Do you drink juices? Skip them and drink water instead. 

OK.. if you want let me know what kind of food do you usually eat and I will let you know if it's okay. Basically pasta is not that bad - but go for a wholegrain version, and not more than 70-90 grams (dry pasta) per meal. And go for homemade veggie souces or lean meat souces if possible.  

And exercise ... do you exercise?  

Thanks for helping me. I eat a lot of fish, vegetables, beef,frys & salads (pasta, greens, fruit,vegetables &even fish salads.)Love desserts! All kinds.Also I use Waldens farm dressings, they are 0 everything.Also I drink Clear Choice is also 0 everything,even use I can't Believe it's not Butter spray which is also 0 everything.I just remembered that I use light salt & eat a lot of hot peppers & sprinkle a lot of black pepper on all my foods.Thanks Again! whitebird55

Celebrity

Hey WhiteBird.

Fish and lean meat (beef, chicken& turkey breasts and even some lean cuts of pork) are excellent source of protein, so go for it. Anything from 200g-500g on daily basis - depends on your height, sex and how much calories you burn during the dat - if you exercise and burn up to 500 calories (that's a quite hard core workout for an average woman), you will need up to 500 g of meat, but if you're just watching tv, you will obviously need much less...
Now ... it also depends how you prepare the meat or fish you eat :) Frying them - hon... that's a big no-no - especially in oil - (you can also "fry" in an oven btw - let me know if you're interested in knowing how and I will let you know ...)
A bit better option is to bake meat/fish - with just a little oil. And absolutely best option is to grill with with just a few drops of oil. or of cousre cooking - although not my preferred option - taste-wise ....
I use regular sunflower oil when grilling or baking - I just don't trust 0 calorie sprays etc...

Most veggies are great option - if possible skip potatoes - and opt for watery choices (zuccini, cucumbers, tomatoes, brocolli ... and all green leafy veggies)

Now regardign dressings - I don't buy them - and always prepare them at home :) I am simply that kind of person ... European :D ... but I got a feeling you like to cook, so why don't you prepare your dressings at home? :) They are supper easy to prepare and as far as I am concerned - they are tasty ... let me know if you are interested in some recipes...

Regarding pastas, breads and cereals ... These are all carbs - I am definitely not saying you shouldn't eat them - you should, becasue they are an important source of energy. However, general American (and European) diet contains way too many carbs from grains, therefore try to limit them, and always opt for wholegrain options. Try to consume at least half of your carbs from veggies. In terms of weight ... for example... one relatively big portion of spaghetti is about 80 g of dry weight, 50-70g of rice ... Try to measure your dry portions of pasta and rice ...

yes, OK... Clear chocie is 0 everyhitng ... but don't look at food through calories only. That drink contains controversial artificial sweeteners - they influence insuline levels, hormones and your mood - it is juts not good for you ... I would definitely skip that drink and switch to plain old water.

Light salt, yes, ok, but that doesn't play a huge role in your diet ... except if you have high blood pressure or other chronic conditions... Sea salt is perfectly fine - in limited amounts... Hot peppers and black peppers are fine ...