so my mom is 37 and 65-70pounds has been trying to loose weight for 1 year but nothing changed shes been walking to her work and only uses her car if shes late she eats 1 meal of salad everday is there a way to loose that weight or is it the maxim 

Well... I think some people are built differently. Like comparing models n other people... They have different structure, curves, n things like that, if you know what I mean. My mom has also been trying to loose weight but just by walking or jogging on a treadmill. She hasn't lost any weight but she checked with her doctor n said she has less fat than before so it's actually showing results just not on the scales. I also heard weight watchers were good if you guys wanna give that a try. Other than that I think that's all you can really do to loose weight. Make sure she doesn't starve though! I would get super hungry with just a salad >.< if anything check with the doctor n see what she/he says :D I hope I helped! Good luck ^_^

It is very nice of you to post this for your mom. Different people are built differently & different things work. But most dieticians & doctors advise 4-5 small meals. Just One meal of salad a day? That isn't helping her. Is that 60-70 lbs overweight? Is that what you mean?

One of the best ways to lose weight is by eating to lose weight.  Overall, you are trying to create a calorie deficit meaning that the amount of calories you intake in a day is less than the amount of calories that you burn.  While the walking and the light cardio are a good start, she's going to have to come up with a little bit bigger deficit to lose weight.  To give you an idea, one pound of fat is 3500 calories.  That means that if she created a 500 calorie deficit every single day she would lose 1 pound a week.

One way to help create that deficit aside from working out excessively is by eating to lose weight.  Literally, eating more calories will actually cause you to burn more calories.  It is like putting gasoline into your car.  The car gets the best gas mileage in the first 1/4 of the tank, so if you kept filling your car up when it was 3/4 full you would get the best mileage out of it.  Same thing with people, if you keep eating, your body has to keep working to burn it off.  This is the theory behind the 4-5 small meals a day that the other posters have mentioned.  

Nutritionally speaking, the best way to lose fat is by increasing your protein and your fat intake.  Don't cut carbs completely, but if you want your body to start burning fat, then you better start eating a lot of it to show it that this is what it is going to be getting for fuel.  Your body stores sugar, which is what carbs are, and when sugar is store it turns into fat- eating fat doesn't make you fat.  If you limit your carb intake to fruts and vegetables, you can literally eat as many as you want.  Stay away from breads and grains.  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Tell your mom to join yoga classes.

Hey, I just read in an article that skipping breakfasts is directly proportional to gaining weight. If that's true then I think that this is the major reason for your Mom to not lose weight even when doing some exercises or walking. Tell her not to skip meals. Hope that this helps.