Hello, I have two questions: first one is considering metformin. Does metformin really works in restoring normal menstrual cycle? I am PCOS sufferer. Second question is: I am taking Spirnonlactone 50mg daily to excess fliuyd from the body. I am worried how it will affect potassium level in my body. Thanks

Many studies have shown that menstruation can be restored in many women with PCOS. For example, in a study at Hospital women with PCOS were put on metformin and a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and ten of the 11 girls resumed regular periods. About Spirononlactone, It can help you to hold onto potassium, as opposed to the others which cause you to lose potassium. Other diuretics, except for spirononlactone, can cause low potassium levels. This one can actually cause high potassium levels, especially if potassium supplementation is taken.