I suffer from PCOS. I am 27 years old and I have all symptoms and problems that follow this condition. I recently found out that Glucophage can be helpful for me, but a thing that worries me… I am planning to be a mother before 30 years of age. I now that will need some fertility treatment. I just want to know can Glucophage help me and is it going to affect my fertility?

I am suffering also from PCOS, so I tend to read everything about this condition. I read some article recently where I’ve found information that could be helpful. Studies have shown that menstruation can be restored in many women with PCOS. For example, in some hospital was done research. Women who were not having periods took Glucophage, and 85% of them resumed normal menses and 11 teenage girls with PCOS were put on Glucophage and a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet, 10 of them resumed regular periods. Then another study with women with PCOS and infertility was conducted and they were first given Glucophage and 40% of them resumed menstruating and showed indications of ovulation. But 2-3% required clomiphene (a fertility drug) in addition to Glucophage in order to show evidence of ovulation. I found this very encouraging. Do you agree?