I was wondering if anyone has taken hoodia while they were pregnant and if their baby had any problems. I am currently taking hoodia daily and have been for 6 months. I want to have a second child but from having gained 80lbs on the first pregnancy and still have not lost it all I dont want to gain another 80 or worse 100lbs again. Can anyone please help me, I would so greatly appreciate it!

You do not want to take anything like that while pregnant. There is a list of things that are and are not safe especially in the first trimester, which could severely harm your baby's development. Taking dieting pills while pregnant is not a good idea, your doctor or midwife will give you instructions on how to lose weight while pregnant without taking anything that could harm your baby. I am 5 months pregnant right now and I have been very cautious of even taking tylenol.

So, all in all, I would not even recommend trying it even if your doc says it might be okay. Odds are he/she will tell you it's not safe.