I found I am pregnant with my second child. I smoked during my first pregnancy and I am not very proud of that fact so this time around I want to do it right. Is there any dangers in having the laser procedure done while pregnant to quit smoking?

I own a laser therapy center in Hammond, Louisiana and I am a certified laser technician. We were taught not to treat pregnant women with the laser because it just hasn't been studied long enough to know what could happen to the baby during or after the treatment. Laser therapy is completely safe, but I wouldn't treat a pregnant woman with it because of the unknown factor. A baby's life is just not worth the risk to find out. I would recommend you speak to your doctor to get help quitting. I definitely think you are making a wise desicion to quit for your baby's sake, but you need to find a method that will work for you that has no risk to your unborn baby. Good luck.

Hi, i have just found out i am 6 weeks pregnant, i have problems with my back and having been going to a physio for a few months now, in the last few weeks she has been doing laser treatment on my back. Will this effect the unborn child? any help will be great