I am 7 months pregnant and have been having severe tooth pain for about a week. The pain is so bad i cant even sleep. My doctor said I should not take anything but tylenol for the pain....but that dosnt work at all. Is it safe to get a tooth extracted while this far along in my pregnancy?I dont want to be in agonizing pain anymore!!!

It is important to get rid of the pain as when you are having a toothache while pregnant, it can be stressful for both you and your baby. Due to many hormonal changes every woman is going through while pregnant, the toothache is a very common problem which occurs in this period.
I had problems with my teeth as well, also with my gums, my dentist was pumping them out each time I went to fix my teeth.
Seven of my teeth were fixed during my pregnancy, this is a big number, don’t you think? But I had to do that as my doctor suggested not to be crazy to live with the pain as this could affect my baby, but to go to the dentist’s regularly and have my teeth fixed.
I was also prescribed some calcium pills as in pregnancy the baby takes all the calcium from mother’s organism and therefore the teeth are getting softer, so it is needed to be replaced with new amounts of calcium. Ask your dentist about that and immediately make the appointment!

well u make me feel more confident because ppl have said not to get dental work but i feel if i don't it will affect my baby as well,so i'm gonna tell my dentist i'm pregnant and get the work done b/c a tooth ache is one of tha worse pains in tha world!!!

It doesn't matter whether you are pregnant or not; if you have a toothache you should see a dentist immediately. They should be able to treat your tooth safely even if you are pregnant. It sounds like you need a root canal. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I had 30 teeth pulled and replaced with dentures when I was 6 months pregnant Did great.

30 teeth pulled during your pregnancy? You think we all stupid? Don't lie.......

My mother had all her teeth pulled when she was pregnant with me, we both turned out fine. She was given a mild anesthetic and she said she had no problems. Just because you can't fathom something, it doesn't mean it's not true.

Fathom : to penetrate to the truth of; comprehend; understand. Just in case you didn't know.

i had my back tooth at the top pulled out a month ago im 7 months pregnant, i ws in agony! everything was fine and im sitting here waiting for dental nurse from nhs to call bck because im in pain again with the tooth below now! ive never really had bother with my teeth till now? not with my first pregnancy either? x

I am pregnant with our second baby and with the first which is only 1 so within the last two years my teeth have just gone down hill... I guess when they say pregnancy takes a toll on your teeth... They really mean that. I am about to go to the dentist monday and get some teeth fixed and pulled and I am about 5 months pregnant... They will pull teeth but they will only give you novacane (sp?) now no anesthetic now so it will probably be painful but it is possible. I have a few cavities I have to get fixed also.. Trust me you want to keep going to the dentist whil pregnant and get everything you can done when you can otherwise you end up having a bunch of stuff that needs to be done. Good luck with your tooth... I feel your pain as I have a toothache right now and am trying to find something I can do on the internet for it!!! Anything will help til Monday... haha. :-D

im just gone 5months pregnant... ive got a wobly tooth and a gum infection.... are you aloud to take co-codamol??. ahhh i cant sleep it hurts so much what can i do :'( rang nhs but they can do anythink... their usless i swear ...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was preg with my son... just tell them so they can make sure u r well cared for in that manner

i'm 8 months pregnant and the pain is just too much, it even affects my ear. problem is i dont even know which tooth it is.last night i cried so much that i felt the baby inside was crying with me. i need help

whatever the NHS is not useless i phoned them on christmas day and they gave an emergency number of a dentist which i called and had my tooth removed i think this country is awsome try living in other countries and you would be greatful

oh my gosh!!!! I can't stand the pain anymore!!! I am 5 mths pregnet and I have a severe toothache... What do I do? I have medicade but it runs out this week and the only thing they can do is pull the tooth.. One denist said I would have to have a root canal.. But I also have a impacted wisdom tooth. That will have to be cut out..I am going out of my mind ...any suggestions?

:'(

im not having any pain but i have a really infected tooth on the side i really dont want it pulled it will mess up my grill .lol but i hope in the morning at my app. i can have a root canal done.. really hope so. in my 1st pregnancy my teeth were like ok but my 2nd son i had a tooth that had no cavities or anything wrong it just was loose i kind of pushed in on it & the whole damn thing came out. that was so shocking & ever since my teeth are just getting worst & worst im only 32 & have only good teeth in the front top & bottom my back teeth are all awful. & i go to the dentist & pay a couple of thousand a year. now i wonder for what because they arent getting better. & i have changed dentist & still no improvement. my filings fall out after a month or so so i go back then again after a week it fell out- 3 times i went back for the same filing then what of course i move out of state & then again the same one & i can afford to keep paying for the same filling. What a bummer. But anyways, hopefully tomorrow i will start to get better help with this new place. God willing