Hi
I am new here, and to running! And I have a question that I would be grateful if somone could answer.
This morning I noticed that my right foot was aching after about 10 mins - it was a very localised and specific pain that was on the outside edge of my foot and felt like it was running from the middle of my foot to the front in what felt like an arch over the balls of my foot. I have looked online and none of the traditional descriptions of foot pain seem to fit, and it is only on one foot. The ache went away after I sat down and stopped for 10 mins or so, but was back not long after I started walking again. I have noticed this on a regular basis in normal shoes too, but have only today started paying it real attention as it is going to stop me from running before I've really started.
Also, I know that my feet roll inwards (pronation) a lot, so much so that I can deform shoes! So I am wondering whether this could be causing the ache, but I have this problem in both feet, yet only my right foot suffers with the aching pain. I think that maybe my right foot rolls inwards slightly more, so I still think that this could be the reason.
Does anyone know if this pronation could be causing the aching pain (even though it is only in one foot)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Karen
(wannabe runner!)

The obvious answer is that your running shoes aren't adequate to control your foot pronation so your first port of call should be to you nearest running shop and get yourself fitted out for a new pair of running shoes.