I am 7 weeks post op following excision of neuroma left foot 2nd innerspace and excision of neuroma right foot 2nd and 3rd innerspace. I took 500mg Keflex for 10 days follwing the surgery, developed cellulitis 14 days post-op. Started Keflex again on 17th day (500 mg 2x day). 22 days post-op changed to Cipro (7oomg 2x day for 10 days). Redness and warmth in foot gone but both feet have large swelling on the bottom under the toes and on ball of foot. Told the swelling is fluid and scar tissue and to soak in epsom salts, massage with vitamin E and walk as much as possible to break up scar tissue. I spent the first 5 weeks following surgery with my feet elevated and my leg muscles have atrophy and my balance is off plus my feet hurt. I have been doing the soaks in epsom salt but cannot use hot water as my feet swell and hurt more than before so I soak in cold water. Using vitamin E and my scars look good. My feet ache soooo bad though and the swelling in the bottom is stiil there but better in the last 10 days. My muscles are stretching and strengthening in my legs and my balance is returning. However, my feet still throb and now the top of my feet hurt as well in the bones and tendons going from the instep to the toes. I see my doctor again in 3 days and wonder if the infection may still be present and a large part of the pain. Ice and cool water help as does tylenol but heat makes it worse. Even the sun shining on my shoes hurts. Is there anything other than an infection that could be causing the pain and swelling in the top and bottom of my feet following this surgery or will this gradually go away?

I had neuroma surgery a year and a half ago. And a second one to realease the stump from scar tissue. I have symptoms have debilitating pain in my foot. It is scar tissue. I have not found a good remedy. Heat makes it worse. Ice makes it feel better temporarily. I stay off it as much as possible. I am developing hip pain because of limping. Massage seems to make it worse. I wear MBT shoes from Foot Solution that keeps the ball of my foot from taking as much pressure. I am going to try ultrasound when I can save enough money.

I had Neuroma surgery 8 weeks ago, now my toes are numb at times and painful to touch the pain between my 3rd and 4th toes is now worst than before my surgery, is this normal. %-)

I have mortons neuroma im both feet that acts up at times. I rub castor oil on it as much as possible. I know it helps. The last bout I had only lasted 2 days. Since menopause set in I noticed my feet are stiff and sore in the morning and now even when I get off them for a while the stiffness sets in. I read about someone saying lecithin really helps. I just started taking it 2 days ago and also am taking evening primrose oil. I hope I see a difference. But try the castor oil. It helps a lot of things!