I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. For the past 3 months I have been having pretty bad foot pain. The pain usually occurs after I am at rest. When I first get up to walk I get really bad pain on the outside of my left foot below the ankle. For quite some time, the pain would go away the more I move around, but recently it doesn't matter how much I move, I still have quite a bit of pain. My doctor took X-Rays and said he saw no breaks or fractures. When I have no pain in my foot, I have been pressing with my thumb to attempt to locate any painful spots but have been unable to do so. If I get up and move around, and once the pain stars, it hurts to press just in front and below the ankle.

Someone had mentioned arthritis but I'm 33 and thought I was still too young for that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm the mother of a 2 mon ths old babygirl. I did suffer from my feet toward the end of my prtegnancy and everybody assured me that it would be better once I deliver. Unfortunately, the pain hasn't gone. By chance, I found a shoe review on Zappos.com where a lady mentioned Plantar Fasciitis. I did some research on the net and it looks like that's what's happening with me. I'm afraid that's what's going on with you as well. X-ray won't show anything because it's nothing to do with your bones but with the ligaments. Talk to your doctor about it.
All the best,
Passie

Guest,
Don't know if you will see this, as the post is in 2006, but I have the exact symptoms you have. It is not Plantar Fisciitis, that is in your heel. I have been to several doctors and they all say something different. I had an MRI and they say it is inflammation in the ankle area. I have tried shots, Physical Therapy, Orthotics, ice, and still have pain. I recently was given an oil that is for inflammation. It is called FORTEX Rubbin Oil and it does help. Active Ingredient: Methyl Salicylate 40%. Inactive Ingredient: Refined Peanut Oil. Distributed by: Syncom Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Fairfield,NJ 1-800-400-0056.

I also had surgery on this same foot for "blocked nerve" and thought it was weak because of the surgery, but when I saw your post, it is exactly the same. See if you can get an MRI, that will tell you more.