Hi There-hoping someone can help me out.In my right foot I have a burning foot feeling that is going on up to 50 times a day but only lasts for maybe 5-10 seconds each time....

its no pain-just a burning feeling like my foot is on fire.And only the top of my right foot.Ive heard this can be related to diabetes but ive had blood tests and a general health lookover fairly recently.As a rule im not very well but thats more of a headaches/dizziness thing which im sure isnt related to this foot issue...

I have been having a burning sensation on the top of my L. foot just below the ankle bone. Sometimes it is so intense that it actually makes me feel sick to my stomach. Has anyone had this? It goes on about 10 times a day. It lasts for a minute or two. Help me......It is driving me crazy....Thanks

hi nspeer! did you find something about this feeling? It's also bugging me. I feel heat but i don't feel any pain. Hope someone can give us reason why. Thanks.

i have the same exact thing... i hope somepne gives us an answer. :-)

I am a forty something male.I have been a keen martial artist for many years.About five years ago my feet started to burn and hurt whilst doing exercises like jump jacks. My pain increased and I have been diagnosed with gout.Now if I get an attack it means I cannot walk for a couple of days because of the pain.
This is more common in men but women can get it and it can happen at ANY age!.If your feet feel like you have 'pebbles' in your shoes then gout is probably likely.You need a blood test to check your levels of uric acid.Untreated gout can damage joints.Exercise commonly aggrovates the condition along with excess alcohol,high purine foods of which there are a depressing number.It is not a simple condition as an attack can occur for no apparent reason.I have found prawns give me gout.

I have similar problem, where i get lots of pain or burning or heat in both the feet. The symptoms get bad at night. i have done a whole bunch of test and everything is normal. ESR, Uric acid, HLA b27, ra test, aslo, crp (terms used for blood test, sorry they are technical).

I suspected it to me metatarsialgia or neuroma. None of them came out as the cause.

I got a MRI done and it is normal too. The MRI was done using 1.5 T equipment, is it better to get an MRI off 3 T machines?

Any information on this would greatly help.

Well, I have a burning sensation in my left foot. It started after standing on my feet for a couple of hours in shoes that weren't very supportive. It only burns on the outer side of the left foot. I went to the foot therapist and she gave me a massage, which didn't hurt at all and I felt much better. She told me to ice the foot and take Ibuprophen regularly for a few days and wow, what a difference, I am so much better. I think it was just a pinch nerve or maybe a little tendinitus.

I hope this might help someone.

I have begun to have the same feeling over the past 3 days. I think I will be calling my doctor on Monday.

I have the same thing. The heat is localized on the ball of my left foot towards the distal side.
I was looking into refloxology, wondering if the heat is the result of infection or a problem in one of my organs.
As far as I can tell, it links to my stomache, or my heart???

i havea burning feeling in my feet and its somthing called plantar fichiilitis :-( :-( :-(

I looked this burning feeling in the foot up in a medical book, because I have it too, and I saw that it is Tarcel Tunnel Syndrome. Like Carpel Tunnel, but it is in your foot. That is what I really think it is, because I have it on the top of my foot, and boy does it burn, and when I bend my toes to stretch out my foot, it goes away...so stretching out the tunnel in your foot should help it for now, but I read that surgery will fix it, just like Carpel Tunnel. I have had all blood work done recently also, and that is just fine. So, I know that this is Tarcel Tunnel, and I think I have it from wearing sandals.

Guest wrote:

I hope this might help someone. [Thank you.] Didn't think it was anything serious, but you never know. I will still follow up with my PCP, but this information makes me feel better.

i have burning below my ankle on the outer side of my heel is burns like crazy when i am in bed and it wakes me up so i get a hot water bottle to put there, i'm ok the rest of the night. can anyone help ?

Great site and it was a pleasure learning that others have this similar burning sensation and possible remedies.  I thought I got a sunburn on top of my left foot in FL until my wife looked at it and notified me my foot did not appear burned.  Mine is a very mild burning sensation on top of my left foot that hits me 10 times a day.  I suspect its from playing alot of raquetball, however gout could be a possibility since my father had it?  I just hope it doesn't get worse as time goes by. 

I have a burning in my left foot on top, last for about 10 seconds. I have to agree with the person that stated that this is related to carpal tunnel. I have been experiencing pain in my right wrist which has now moved to my foot and i felt the same shooting fire pain in my wrist today, so this must be related. I believe we can do some exercises and this will aliviate the pain.