I have not had a period for about 11/2 yrs I assumed I was in menopause but then about 3 weeks ago my breast were so tender and sore to the touch...i felt crampy...I also noticed that I had become very itchy and noticed little bumps almost blister type and very itchy...theres not many I would say 4 or 5 small little bumps...I have no unusual discharge and no odor...my ? is can menopause cause this kind of reaction or should I be seen by a Dr ohhh I also did start my period after a yr and a half of not having one I am 48 yrs old have 1 partner for the last 2 yrs.... Thank you M.Duncan

Hi! Menopause typically occurs at the average age of 51, give or take a few years. You're still quite young... You say you assumed you was in menopause? How often do you visit your gynecologist? Did he/she told you that you are in menopause?

yes I was told I was in menopause i went without a period for a year and a half...so I actually went to dr and she said it was caused by my hormones because there so messed up going back and forth so thanks...