So, I've been suffering with some weird symptoms for a few months now. First of all, the area of my vagina around the clitoris burns all the time, almost everyday. Occasionally, I get light itching around my vagina as well. Also, I've noticed that my vaginal discharge has been thicker. It 's white and has no odor that I can tell, and I only notice the thickness when I put my fingers up there.
The other weird thing is that occasionally I'll get one or two cuts/bumps around where my inner labia meets the outer. They go away within a day or two, and have shown up three times this month. I also noticed one little bump right around my anus, towards my leg, looked and felt like a pimple with no pus. They seem to also show up right around my period as well.
I've only had protected sex with one monogamous partner, and I have also been tested for STDs and came up negative. My gyno said it was more than likely an imbalance in that area, and said I should stop using scented soaps, wear cotton underwear and the like...I've done everything I can, and my symptoms will not go away. Any idea of what this could be? Please help!

Your gynecologist was right - the balance in your vaginal area is off, but he didn't add that the reason it is off is because yeast that is normally present in vaginal area for some reason started to overproduce and caused yeast infection. You have all the signs of one - thick discharge and dry, itchy skin on the outside of your vagina. You should go to your pharmacist and ask for some yeast infection cream or treatment and in the meanwhile all your doctor's advices about soap ad cotton underwear stand, at least until infection subsides. Also, ask for some probiotic, they are "the good bacteria" and have proven to be useful in restoring the balance in situations like yours.