If someone could please help me with these symptoms... I am pregnant and afraid I might be having allergic reaction or have contracted a virus. I have tiny blisters on my hands and feet that tingle. I also have an ulcer on my tongue. The blisters are not grouped together, they individually spread over hands and feet.

I used to get this all the time when I was a kid. My mom and brother would get this too. No other symptoms other than tiny blisters in the hands, feet and mouth.

I haven't had a recurrence in years, but my mother used to refer to it as "hand foot and mouth disease". I'm sure there is another term for it, a more professional one, but she got this one from an herbal remedy book. I remember how annoying these were, and they are also very tender when exposed to heat or cold. I think it comes in the fall or winter months. I believe it is a virus that causes these symptoms, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I have fought the blistering of the hands and sometimes on the feet for over 20 years. They are pin head sized blisters that are very itchy, then the skin peels for 3-4 weeks. One doctor had me on Nizoral for 4 years, which was a waste of money as it was not a fungus. Then about 4 years ago another doctor told me it was Dyshidrosis exemia. and that it cause was probably nerves.

Every doctor I have seen over the years expressed that it was nerves. I disagree with the nerve thing. I started to log when the break outs would start. That may be a funny way to start. But, I had noticed at first that I always broke out on a Sunday or a Monday. I know this sounds hokey. Then I got to thinking what I did over the weekend that triggered the blistering outbreaks. As it turned out I shampooed our dogs either on a Saturday or Sunday and always broke out the next day. So I started wearing gloves and the out breaks stopped their regular attacks. One time the blisters hit so hard and fast, my hands swelled and I could not remove my rings. I had to have the rings cut off of my fingers..you talk about expensive!

Then, I noticed that every time we traveled I would start breaking out with the blisters half way to our family visits. As it turns out it is the Antibacterial soaps that are the triggers. The soft soap varieties don't seem to be the culprits but the ones that are in the public restrooms in gas stations, schools, resturants and etc. Another culprit is the waterless hand cleaner that are steeped with antibacterials.

After I quit using these soaps I have quit the blistering. And just this week I have re-confirmed my suspicions....I am a teacher and have to clean art brushes...and use the soap in the dispenser to clean them with and got some of the soap on my hands and now I have those itchy annoying blisters.

So, I would advise anyone who has a problem with the blistering to carry their own soaps with them in small bottles....avoid public restroom soaps all together....and of course if you have dogs shampoo them with gloves on. It took me the better part of 20 years to figure all of this out it was the antibacterial soaps. If you suffer the Dyshidrosis exemia...and get the blisters....it is worth a try.

I even had a doctor recommend me to soak my hands for 20 minutes 3 times a day in Hybaclis (not sure of the spelling) but it is the same as surgical soap.....and the blisters went into a sever infection, glands in my neck and underarms were inlarged...the blisters went into pustuals all over my hand....and of course the surgical soap had a antibacterial property in it.

For years we have been told to us the antibacterials to prevent the spread of germs......but I am 60 years old and plain soap and hot water will do the same....After all I have lived this long and do not suffer colds and flues....

Susan in Arizona

Guest wrote:

gnicole wrote:

Susan in Arizona
Quote:

Quote:

Hi Susan in Arizona
I have some of the same things going on with my has as you. I have been told that I have everything from Dis hydrosis to Herpes. I tell you these dr's have no idea what they are treating. I have been on steriod shots/creams for about 6 years now. The shots have made me gain weight & the cream is so greasy that you can barley stand to put it on.
My hands get so bad that they get infected from time to time. I have done the allergy test where the send you home with this thing taped to your back for 2 days & nothing showed. I've tried to monitor the things that I ate before a breakout & also the things that I touched, but I can't find a common denominator here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have the same thing as all of you, I think.. I have had it for about 4 years with a week or so in between here and there.. Right now I have an infection including red lines.. FUN FUN.. I wonder if any of you have any new input on this stuff?

Hi Susan in Arizona I have the same problem I did some research and came up with a gluten allergie when I cut out any thing that had gluten in it my blisters cleared up in about 10 days so after that I added gluten back in my diet and sure enough they showed back up so I cut out the gluten again and havent had a problem since. Tammy in Washington

The "guest" that wrote about the blisters being caused by certain soaps is exactly my situation as well. I had seen several doctors and some didn't know and others said stress. Finally a dermatologist suggested I use flannel lined latex gloves that had enough room in them to make them comfortable whenever I did dishes or cleaned with any cleaning products. Now the only time I get those annoying bumps is when I forget to use gloves. Before I started using the gloves I would have those break outs every other month or so.

In my case the break outs where lots of small blister looking bumps mostly concentrated on my fingers. My fingers would swell and hurt to touch where the break out was the worst. This would last several days then start to dry out and go away. Once the "rash" started to go away it would be dry, scaly and flaky looking.

The best lotion I have found for making it better and heal faster is Curel original formula applied multiple times a day. I also use the lotion every morning and evening as well as after using any detergents. When I faithfully use gloves and lotion I have zero breakouts.

I hope this is helpful.

i have whatever these blisters are as well.. they started last summer and i was told its from the sun.. well i started wearing socks in the summer and this spring i have them on my hands as well.. and my feet... im never outside anymore and i dont understand where they are coming from.. i have used the same "dial" soap for years .. so i dont belive that is it. they hurt soooooooo bad!!!! does anyone know how long the hand blisters last... PLEASE.. IM in pain

I have this same problem. I have itchy skin a LOT. I use a hypo allergenic soap now with no dyes or perfumes. Believe it or not, olive oil can also help when things are really bad, the cheap kind is best.

But on to the hands, I had this problem all the time after coming in contact with petrolium products for long periods. Could be paint thinner (it gave me the worse breakout) or the spray that I use to clean my monitor, the best thing I found for it is a pack of steriod pills called methylpredisolone 4 mg dspsan. I am taking them now. I have to get a prescription about 4 times/ year. It dries those things right up and cuts the itching way back.

Personally I believe it is a combination of things, mostly triggered by contact dermititus but severly aggrevated by stress or nerves. These little pills fix it though :-) trust me go ask your doctor for them, dont' suffer!

Over the past four days I have been freaking out. I have many many small painful, itchy, and tinglie blisters all over the palms of my hands, fingers, bottom of my feet and on my toes. They are full of clear to a kinda yellow fluid. The blisters are getting bigger..I went to the Dermatoligist today he is treating me for Hand, Mouth and Foot Disease which is common in children, not adults. I am 36 yrs old. I haven't been sick which is a symptom. I haven't been around kids either. He said it is contagious and even though I haven't any blisters on or in my mouth or any where else except hands and feet. I don't get it. He gave me Valtrex which is a herpie medication. He said there is no cure and he is treating it as if it were shingles. Okay now I am totally freaking out......After an intense internet search I have come to the conclusion that this Doctor is probably WRONG. Has anyone been diagnosed w/ HMF Disease as an adult? Could it be a stress disorder? If so and the Doctor is wrong and I'm doomed....... The doctor will be gone for the next two weeks so I have to figure this one out on my own and take it to my GP Doctor who knows nothing........just pushes scripts. How does one dry these blisters out? With HFM do you have to steralize the enviorment? How long does HFM last and can it come back? What precautionary measures should I take what ever this is? If this is Dyshidrotic Excema (stress rash) how long does it last? Does anyone have any other different ideas of what it could be and how to treat it? Anyone who has any information that may help. I would be very greatful....

I am a member of a forum where we all suffer from this condition. We have come up with some things that help (vinegar soaks, hydrogen peroxide) Join the club if you think this might be what you have:
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/dyshidrosis/

sara

Before my hands breakout, they get extremely hot for a day or two. I have found putting your hands under extremely cold water helps prevent this breakout. It will feel weird, but basically if you stop the heat, the hands don't break out. Hope this helps!

Blistering in pregnancy can be a sign of a rare autoimmune disorder called Gestational Pemphigoid.

SEARCH FOR Pompholyx or dishydrotic excema. I think I have pompholyx, but the excema one seems unrelated.