Hi- I went about 6 months ago to the doctors because I thought I had HPV- but the Doc assured me that they were vaginal cysts and that they would go away. Now I am noticing small clusters of pimple like bumps on the outer vaginal lips - and a few new bumps on the inner side? Now I am worried that I have HPV? Any help?

Health Advisor
If they are pimple like, I doubt they are warts. These too may be cysts or just ordinary pimples. If they look as if they have pus inside or on top, they are not HPV.

However, if you had unprotected sexual experience(s), for the sake of your mind, you should have a whole examination including colposcopy in which they would check for the presence of HPV and check your cervix for any possible changes caused by HPV (if present), have your vaginal smear for checking for the presence of any bacteria or other unwanted microorganisms.

If you have been waxing and shaving down there, these could be infected hair follicles but like I previously said, you should have it checked!

I am 17 years old and I just became sexually active about 5 months ago. I've only been with one partner, my boyfriend, and when we've had sex, we've ALWAYS used a condom. I've had oral sex from him several times. For the past 3 months, my vaginal discharge has been very abnormal. It's incredibly thick, even thicker than cottage cheese, and white, but it does not have a bad odor. Then, I noticed a bump near my vagina that seemed like a pimple. I squeezed it and white pus came out, then after about a week, it went away. I was getting worried so I went to the doctor and my doctor told me that i could have a yeast infection, so she gave me a pill to take orally. She told me to come back in one week if the discharge still looked abnormal, then she would do a papsmear. One week later, nothing improved so I went back to the doctor and she gave me a pap smear. She told me that the discharge did not look like discharge from a yeast infection, so she then told me that it could be an STD. But HOW?? I've always used a condom. So I stressfully waited for two weeks for a phone call to say my results were abnormal... but I never got a phone call back so I assumed everything was just fine and normal. But, recently again... I got ANOTHER Pimple around my vagina. I squeezed it again and the same white pus came out of it. It started going away but then a few days later.. it swelled up and got big and red again. M discharge is still abnormal. I am so scared that I got HPV because this is my second "pimple" that i've gotten in about a month and a half. I asked my boyfriend if he'd ever caught an STD before and he told me that he'd had several tests done before for STD's because he was paranoid just like me, but his tests all came back normal. Do you think I could possibly have an STD? or if not.. what do you think is wrong with me????