Hi.i am a 21 year old female. i just had a regular menstral cylcle one week ago. Now, a week later , i have another cycle with heavier bleeding than normal with blood clots. when i was 17, i was 13 weeks pregnant and i had an abortion. could this have anything to do with it. I am very curious to know whats causing this. is this normal, or should i be very alarmed. because i dont have medical insurance, i wanted a good opinion before rushing to the doctor.

Nah, I don’t think these blood clots have anything to do with the abortion you had 4 years ago! The blood clots could occur right after the abortion but now when you had them, they have nothing to do with it.
First of all, the blood clots are totally natural to appear, I believe this is the first time you are facing them so it looked like a trouble. Your blood usually makes anti coagulants that prevent your blood from clotting. But in the days of heavy bleeding, your body has no time to produce so many anti coagulants so that’s why the blood clots appear.
What is worrying is that you started bleeding again after only one week your previous period had finished. How many days is this lasting? What you should do is talk to your gynecologist, he would have the right advice for you.