My wife is currently 5 weeks pregnant. few days ago she started bleeding and also experienced some clotting as well. We made an appointment with our doctor and she informed us that her cervix is closed and that he confirmed with an ultrasound that my wife was still carrying a baby and has not miscarried. Our doctor told her that she is threatned to miscarry and she should take it very easy. The baby did not have any heartbeat yet because it was too early for that. We are supposed to go back next week to possible detect a heartbeat and make sure that the baby is growing and doing fine. Bleeding has almost totalyy stoppped now. We are very worried and I was wondering if anyone has experineced anything like this with good outcome?? Thanks

I'm currently 6 weeks 6 days pregnant and I'm having the same problem. The doctor says that we have a 50% chance of a positive outcome. Thankfully they did have a good story to tell me, one woman has the same problem as your wife and I and she is currently at 30 weeks, carrying twins, and they are healthy. Good luck to you and your wife.

Bleeding can be very frightning and traumatic.I have two children and am four months pregnant with my third.I had some after sex spotting ant that went away the next day.I was told to take it easy,and since then everything has been good and the baby is fine.Although constant bleeding is not a good sign im sorry to say.when under 12 weeks of pregnancy bleeding is commenly looked at as a threatened misscarriage.But it all depends on your situation as well.keeps your chins up.

Anonymous wrote:

worried74 wrote:

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I started spotting on Monday, they sent me for an ultersound and they did not detect a heart beat either. Today I had massive clots and heaving bleeding. I assume I have lost the baby! I am scheduled to go back for another ultersound on Tuesday when I am to be 7 weeks to look for a baby and if ther is a baby a heartbeat! However I know I have had a miscarriage! The clotting could be many things however it's very early so it's a high chance that it is a miscarriage! I am devestated by this but I plan on trying again very soon. Just remember what ever the outcome everything in life happens for a reason and God has a plan for all of us wether you believe that or not. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything works out for you.

your post was very helpful, but I have had an menustration for 3 weeks now with very heavy bleeding and passing of blood clots and i have very sharp pain in the bottom of my stomache especially when i pass a clot. what should i do my family doctor says it could be nothing, but to me it could mean a lot.

i'm almost relieved to hear that someone is experiencing the same. I'm now almost 7 weeks.. I have been bleeding for 5 days, some days heavy and one day not at all. It's very scarey. The first day I was sure I was about to miscarry and went to the hospital to find that my cervix was still closed and through ultra sound found that theres a sac but NO the fetal pole or heartbeat. I'm suppose to go back in a few days and see if it's grown through ultra sound.

Best Of Luck To Everyone With This
it can be so scarey

My wife is supposedly 4 weeks pregnant and has consistently been bleeding. Some days heavier than others. All signs say we may lose the baby. We'll find out today if her blood levels are still rising, but after our first child, she went down this same path and we got as far as a fetal pole and heartbeat which got our hopes up.. soon to be crushed when we found out the baby was deterioriating.. so... we're kinda of expecting the worst because she's had some steady bleeding :'( but as another post said, God has a plan for everyone. We already have one beautiful 22 month old son that appears healthy and happy. We thank God everyday for giving us such a blessing and if it's in his plan for him to be an only child, we'll be ok with it. At this point I'll take a 50/50 chance. Good luck to you all.

HI
I know what you are going thew. I'm also about 5wweks i started spotting about 4day ago very light and just yesterday i passed a BIG blood clot i thougth i had a misscarried and i went to the doctor and the sac is still there and the dr. told me not to worry buy i still bleeding very heavy...

I'm approximately 5 weeks give or a take a day or two post conception. I'm almost 8 weeks out from my LMP. I started spotting last friday 8/17. At first it was very minimal, but now it's a bit worse...not like a full fledge menstrual period but more than can be associated with cervicitis or implantation bleeding. I went to the ER on 8/18. They said they saw no signs of an Ectopic pregnancy and my HCG was 696. I went to my doc on 8/20 and he did a pelvic...he just made the comment that I was still really early in the pregnancy. He had blood drawn to check my HCG and Progesterone levels and I'm now waiting for that. He did schedule me for an ultrasound on 8/29. He seemed somewhat optomistic. He gave me prenatal vitamins but also said that he wasn't going to rule out an ectoptic just yet. At the ER they gave me a cathetor and I think some of the bleeding is due to the fact that I was made to move around so much with that in. But it's not easy to tell where the blood comes from. After doing much research on the inet i've come to realize that this type of situation is more common than most people realize.

I know how your wife feels because I too am in an early pregnancy and have started bleeding. My cervix is not dialated and I have a 50/50 chnace to lose it. They did and ultrasound and saw the sac but like your wife its still till early to tell because there is no heart beat. I have to go back in a week to see what goes on for a heart beat. Best of luck to you and your wife cuz I know its scary.

:-(
I am reading so much on the internet of good and bad results for this topic. This is my first conception and we were sooooooooooo happy. So excited. I had a pap smear with the first ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. I have been on and off bleeding and passing clots every since. I went back today (a week later) to see what has happened. They say that the sac looks ok (there is no heartbeat) but they can tell there has been some bleeding around it. At this point they say they can't tell me anything. I just have to wait until repeat ultrasound on Friday but that it is 50/50. I never knew how much I wanted this baby until that moment. I cried and cried. They tried to tell me to stop because the stress could make me lose my baby if I wasn't already in that process. It is soooooooooooooooo difficult. I know it happens to a lot of women, the miscarriaging, I just wish hate that I knew I was pregnant and go so attached. Most women don't even realize their pregnant when they miscarriage. I pray that this baby makes it but we will see. I am just saddened by this. My heart breaks.

:-( I have read some good results and not so good results when there is clotting in pregnancy. This is my first conception. I had a pap smear during my first ultrasound and haven't stopped bleeding completing since. I went back today since I was passing clots and they did an ultrasound (can't find a heartbeat) and tell me they see that there was bleeding. That it is 50/50 and all I can do right now is wait. I am scheduled to return on Friday to see if there is any progress. I never knew how much I wanted this baby until the moment she told me I might lose him/her. Then I cried and cried. They asked me to stop because the stress of crying can induce a miscarriage and I was floored. Here I might lose my child and I should remain happy? My heart sinks. I can tell you right now if I lose this baby I would not ever get a pap while pregnant nor get an ultrasound so early. I didn't bleed up until that moment. Maybe coincidence but it has turned me sour. I pray and pray the baby makes it as she/he is loved already soooooooooooooo much.

My husband and I thought we were 12 weeks. Went on to my dr's appointment to have an exam and she couldnt find a heartbeat. So i was sent for an ultrasound because I am not quite sure when my last period was. The tech tried doing an external ultrasound and couldnt find the baby. She had to do a vaginal ultrasound. As the tech said, saw the peanut inside. Was told that it was too early yet for the heartbeat but definately had a baby inside. As the days go on I bleed a little heavier. Calling the dr's office and asking questions. Not understanding the non concern. I was told the ultrasound was good, and everything looked fine. So please explain the BLEEDING...Scared to death because my first baby was a miscarriage. I did have some cramping nothing doubling, just little cramps for a minute ever once in awhile. Its been a week since i started the spotting. Havent noticed any tissue passing. Called the OB department and the nurse said. There is nothing we can do to stop a miscarriage. That if i have a fever or sever cramping or major blood clots to come in to see if all has passed. I wish someone had some real answers. I will call the dr's office tomorrow hopefully someone is in the office on labor day. Pray for us.

I came on 2 days late and i was just wondering could that be a sign telling me that im not pregnant or is there a still a possibility that i can be?