I had a medical abortion about 2weeks ago.. I had the normal bleeding and then it let up and stopped at the end of the first week... But after 2 weeks, after my ultra sound ive been having really heavy bright red bleeding with large clots, and cramping. Im not sure if its normal to have new heavy bleeding like this.

hiya

i bled just like that after mine. i had a surgical abortion in start of november last year.
i bled from that day with light spotting for a week then it stopped then the next day it was extremely heavy.
i bled from early november till end of february this year and had passed numberous amounts of clots that where bigger than my two hands put together....i advice that if it doesnt let up after another week or two then go and get an ultrasound again because i was told that there may have been some of the tissues left over in my womb thats why i bled so much.
good luck n best wishes. xx

Can someone answer this question in regards to a medical abortion? I am having the VERY same issue. I bled after the abortion and then it stopped after about two weeks. I didn't have any bleeding or spotting AT all for about 5-7 days and then all of a sudden it started again. HEAVY with clots. I went back to the doctor and they gave me two more of the second pills and 5 days later I'm still bleeding heavy with clots and mild cramping. I don't want to go back to them, should I just wait it out?

I'm having the same problems. My abortion was over a month ago, and I haven't stopped bleeding since..but my bleeding is hit and miss; heavier some days and barely there the next. Last Saturday I got really bad cramps and started "draining" blood into the toilet and pushing out HUGE clots. The "draining" and HUGE clots last about 5 hours...since the clots are still there but they aren't as big or frequent. But I'm still bleeding pretty heavy. And now I'm having problem with the smell of the clots and blood. It smells so bad. I can't stand myself...I want to douche so bad with some water and vinegar...

I hate this because after I had my daughter, I bled for a week, and it was like any other period. I have 1 abortion and I'm bleeding for years it seems. What gives there?

It sounds to me that you might have an infection heavy bleeding For more than two hours and the smell are warning signs and you should go back to your doctor and get antibiotics

Hi I am having the exact same problem as you after my abortion and I don't want people to think I smell and dont wash, so embarrassing :( I bleed normal sometimes and soooo heavy with massive blood clots some days, I hate it. I seen that you posted this 3 years ago, I just wondered if you went to the doctors, if so what did they say?

oppsss a year ago

i am having this problem. had abortion pill last month and now weeks later am bleeding heavy again passing clots. they really dont tell you enough information at clinics about this happening, but it seems common. gonna call this clinic tomorrow and see if i can get some answers.

what was the reason? i took the pills and bled for almost 2 weeks not too heavy at all....its been a month since i took the pills and now im bleeding very heavy with the big clots.....

So what did it happen next ?

I know this old but what happened? Were you okay? I had a medical over 3 weeks ago and then all of a sudden a gush of bright red blood and clots...

Hi I had a.medical on the 20th Dec and I haven't stopped bleeding heavy with large clots it's like pouring out , has yours stopped ?

Hi there.
I too had a medical abortion around the same date. My bleeding slowed right down but suddenly, a few days ago it started really heavily and clots coming out. The clots are quite strange looking, some which look and feel like chewed chewing gum.

It's getting me down. Reading this thread has given me some hope though that perhaps, this is common place with medical abortion

I too had one two weeks ago and the bleeding stopped altogether after a week or so, and has just come back much much worse than before with really big clots. I was super concerned but after reading this thread it seems really common. Losing so much blood though.... :(

I had a medical abortion on December 23rd, 2016 and began to bleed very heavily a few hours after taking the pills. However, I experienced no cramping or pain and actually slept through passing 2 large, goftball size clots. When I woke up they were in my underwear, and I had completely bled through my overnight pad, underwear, and shorts. I continued to bleed, heavier than my normal period, for the next week. During the 2nd week my bleeding was more spuratic. Some days I could only wear a panty liner and be fine, but other days I was soaking through pads. I was finally thinking that the bleeding was on it's way out, when I started bleeding very heavy again yesterday. It's bright red, with some small clots and moderate cramping. I have my follow up ultrasound next week and am worried if I should still be bleeding this much. Does anyone know or have a similar story with an outcome?