I have been having metallic smelling stools and very frequent diarrhea.
Last summer I went in for a check up with my GYN and was told I needed to take iron supplements but I didnt take them for very long.
I have also been have headaches and migraines that come 1-6 days a week.
If I have a "normal" BM it smells like metal.. like I ate nickles and pennys. Or Ill have diarrhea that comes and goes, it may last a day and not come back for a week or so, or have it for 2 days and come back in 2 days.
No matter what I eat always the same out come. I dont eat alot of canned foods and have no allergies. I am wondering/ hoping that all these things are not connected or pointing to something like cancer. %-)

Thank you so much for reading and helping me !

When I read this, I had to double check to see if I subconsciously wrote it myself... I have the EXACT same problems as you, it's a little freaky. Any information or input anybody has to contribute would be greatly appreciated!

I also freaked out when I read this....I have basically the same thing, however, my "normal" BMs don't smell metallic..just the diarrhea....I can be "well" for several weeks or even a couple months, then it hits me with no warning, lasting a day or maybe two, then I'm fine again...!!! HELP...!!!...Anybody with any thoughts...???

I had the same symptoms growing up, turns out I had celiac disease. Have your doctor test you

I have had the exact same issue. I became severely dehydrated because I stopped eating and drinking for over a month. I still have no answers.

I have had to same problems - strong metallic smelling stools and frequent bouts of diarrhea two months ago.  I thought it may be IBS.  My urine is fine and not showing signs of dehydration.  I would love to know the to answer to this.

I have the exact same probably that includes awful gas cramps before the rest kicks in. I have been tested for celiac and it came back negative and have seen a gastro doc sense I was 12 ( I am now 24). Celiac runs in my family and I am convinced I have gluten intolerance instead of celiac due to the fact that I changed my diet about a month ago to gluten free and I had NO problems at all. My doctor has always gone back to IBS as the problem but I don't think it's just IBS. Good luck!

I also have strong metallic/bitter taste in mouth when I have the metallic smelling stools. Does anyone (especially those who have celiac disease or gluten intolerance) have the same problem?

My little grandson was very sick when he was only 2 and his test for celiac was negative. Finally he had a colonoscopy and had a biopsy and the dr said he had never seen such a severe case of celiac in such a young child. I'm not sure how accurate the blood work is.

I have the same exact symptoms, I am now on day 6 of a migraine and now am having abdominal cramping and metallic smelling stools as well.

Geez!!! Me too!! I'm sorry, but it's a club I don't want in.

I have had it for two days. I don't know about any of you but I have been taking Augmentin now for 4 days. The first few days I barely used the bathroom, unless to urinate because I had hydrated myself so well. Last night and today, both times smells so strong and metallic! I am concerned but I think it might attribute to the strength of medication. Augmentin can cause severe diarrhea, so I was taking precautions with yogurt and fluids. Perhaps it is trying to get out of my system? Have any of you taken Augmentin as an antibiotic?

why the hell would you stop eating or drinking for a month (unless you had a colostomy?)

I have this issue but i have crohns . Dont know if you want to be checked for that .

This is really interesting. I have all these symptoms and have had blood tests for celiac but it cAmerican back negative, I'm booked in for a colonoscopy so hopefully will show up something.