I am detoxing off methadone for only 2 days, how long will it take

It all depends on how long you were on methidone and also how much your dose was. If you were on methidone for a while it will take at lease a couple of months and believe me i mean a couple of months cause you really cant sleep you have leg cramps like a motha f------ and write now your not really feeling the full effect cause it actually takes five days to get the methidone out of your system to start detoxing listen if you want to talk I know alot about with drawrel cause I am a nurses aid and im on meithidone myself thats why I know alot so just write to me and we can chat....

I have been on methadone for 2 yrs. Went down 5 mg a month. I've been off for three days. My biggest problem is my stomach. I feel like I'm always on a roller coster. No engergy and dont want to do anything. I have to get up go to work and care for my 1yr old. What do I do. should I go to my doctor and get something for the WD? Any help or advise wld be great!!!!

i was on 130mgs for 4 yrs.i went to jail for 2 weeks and had no choice to go cold turkey but it was the best thing for me i am now on 37 days i still have anxiety,leg pain,cant sleep,mind races.my reg doc says it will take me up to 4 months but the sleep might not come back for yrs.i believe in methadone but it should only be used for 6 months then wean off.trusr i used to not say this.i thought i was doing good being normal since i wasnt shooting up.but i was fooling myself my favorite saying now is you cant see it when you are in it.the methadone fog i mean. good luck to all.

I started off with taking Vicodin after a car accident...then my doctor moved me up to Oxycontin. It was like my life fell apart overnight. I can't even start to tell you (even now, after stopping) what happened to my life in such a short amount of time due to Oxycontin! I lost everything - my children, my home, my car, my job, my freedom from addiction – EVERYTHING!

I moved in with my sister. She turned out to be NO help whatsoever, drinking nightly and just being completely non supportive throughout, even when I was going to the methadone Clinic. It goes without saying that this process was really hard, and the person I depended on to be there for me was not. I decided after about 4 months that I needed to get the hell away from her (and the town I grew up in) or I was never going to get better. I had to hide and detox by myself. Ghosts of the past, which I was trying to get beyond, were everywhere. With the help of an ex-boy friend (who I can not thank enough for all that he did for me in my time of need) I moved out of my sister’s. I was now living with him and on my way to recovery, which at the time seemed like a BIG dream. Over a two month time period, I moved and began my real recovery. I tapered down my use of methadone very quickly. Everyday I was sick from the methadone withdrawals, and every other day I decreased my dosage by two milligrams (blind, I guess is what it's called????). I was off the methadone by December 31, 2007, and on my way to what I call "HELL". My recovery continued, without the methadone. I still remember how sick I was, 24 hours a day; every day...just thinking about it makes me sick even now.

How I let myself get that caught up still, to this day, baffles me. I was a complete control freak, had a good job, a nice car, my children wore the best clothes, played sports and wanted for nothing. They had it made. We had it made. That’s because I busted my ass – first, to give them everything, and for me to have it all, too. Then one f-ing drug knocked me for a loop! ME! The one who said NO.... I was that girl who said “That will NEVER happen to me!!!” Well let a lesson be learned – don’t you ever say NEVER, and don’t think it can’t happen to you, because it can.....

From puking, to unhealthy, irregular bowel movements, to hot flashes, to being cold and then sweating non STOP and always having BO..... I must have been taking anywhere from 10 to 15 showers a day. My body would not stop sweating.....my legs would cramp up at night and I felt as though I would never feel better. It was this web site, which I happened to come across during my journey that helped me. I realized that I wasn't alone, and that I could do it, and that there was light at the end of the tunnel. I realized I could, and WOULD, get better.

I thought it would never end...I was sick for a year straight. I ended up in the hospital twice, for a week each time, because I was so dehydrated. I lost over 65 pounds the first time. The second time I lost about 75 pounds. It was never ending and I thought I was going to feel sick for the rest of my life.

Almost two years later and I'm doing okay. It often feels like a lot longer (a lifetime ago or a different lifetime), but looking at dates verifies that it wasn't that long ago. Although so much has happened and some time has passed, I have to keep telling my self - push forward and don't look back for too long. I only look back to see what mistakes I've made and what I can do in order to continue to better my self.

I just want anyone who will listen to know that if you are in the same boat I was (or a similar one, paddling upstream), and you have the desire and the willpower to stop doing drugs, that it can happen. If you’re not ready to listen, please come back when you are. Your life will never be the same. You will only be a better person for it when all is said and done, and it is YOUR life.
~Melinda

your story sounds so familiar I too was prescribed ocycontin for a pain relief,It did the trick,but as time went on 6 years after I was prescribed this,my doctor let me go.Along with most others in my situation,because of this doctor,I had no more medication on time and regular.It wasn't till this happened that I realized that I do have a dependency to this powerful pill.I will never say never as you write about,and feel exactly what you feel and had felt.I'am considering entering into a methadone long term treatment.Getting to this point had been very difficult as my urine test showed the doctors there that I was NOT a candidate for the meth treatment. because there was no signs of abuse.So they introduced a pain management plan and this will be don't through a meth doctor who deals with pain management with meth.We as cronic pain people look for relief,and I found it with oxycontin,had never abused it and took only what was prescribed to me.The fear set in when keeping my meds in order,and on time became very difficult,due to the lack of doctors here in Northern Ontario.I look only for comfort dealing with the phantom pain,the severe lower back ache,my whole left side of me feels borrowed.We are not to disassociate our sselves with parts of our body,now lately this has come on board.I one day hope to over come all the withdrawls,and what ever comes with "not getting my meds"My heart goes out to all those who think it will never happen to me,...STOP THINK READ,...and read because there is so many people who are in your shoes,

THANKS MEL--IM GONNA JUMP OFF COLD TURKEY I HOPE IT DOESNT TAKE ME TOO LONG ALL THE BEST

I am 6 days off of 4 years of methadone cold turkey. It was butter compared to all the opiate w/d. I drank a bottle of nyquil the first 3 days, went to the gym and sat in the hot tub, sauna, steam room. If you can't do that turn your shower on hot and sit in the tub. Loose stools 3 days, I lost 10 lbs. all I ate was oatmeal in the morning, tons of water and cranberry juice. As far as the restless leg syndrome and arms and insomnia. I take 2 7.5 vicoprophen in the am and in the pm.If you are not able to get, I would try the nyquil. Deep breathing real deep 10 times let it out slowly, when you start to yawn you know its working, do not try to fall asleep, between 10pm and 4am insomnia, do not sweat the small stuff right now, it is all small stuff. Good luck.