I have been on methadone for the past year. Started at 40 mgs and recently up to 80. Bought from the street in bottles to get off heroin use. I am off the heroin but now on occasion have been using oxycontin along
with other pain pills, vicadin, dilaudid etc. Not all on the same day but
different drugs on different days. Always having the methadone as back up when I start to withdrawal. My question is, I have 4 suboxone orange
pills (1) what mg. is orange and how would I even begin to use them to
help fight all the withdrawals from such a variety of drugs? Is there a safe
way to start the suboxone and eliminate some of the hard withdrawals?
Need some advice, have to get off everything with what I have. Help %-)

I am currently on 170mgs a day of methadone and I would love to get on Suboxone!  I can't find a doc in Vancouver BC that prescribes it.

I am currently at a Methadone clinic looking for a faster way to come off methadone. At my clinic, they encourage you to go down very slowly, only 1mg every other day, so that you don't experience any discomfort. HOWEVER, if you are not able to pay, they will bring you down by 10mg a day. Absolutely the most horrible pain I have ever had. Worse then the pain from surgery. I was told by my counselor NOT to take suboxone with methadone as suboxone will send you into instant withdrawal. I was also toward by a kindly stranger in the dosing line that he almost killed himself by taking suboxone. The instant withdrawal can cause a stroke or heart attack.
Methadone did help me and my husband get off the pills but I think if we had it to do over, we would have gone a different route. We have both gotten fat, our sex life (which previously was fantastic) does not exist anymore, and we are always so tired we are in bed by 8pm every night. I want a life back. I don't know how good our lives would be now without methadone. That is, if we would have gotten off the pain killers without it and I am grateful for methadone for getting us away. Just wondering if we had done suboxone instead, how life would be now. We are going to try suboxone and see how it goes. Good Luck

i see it has been 7 months since this post-it sounds like my life right now, me and my husband are trying to get off methadone now we shot up to 140 mgs now we are at 80 going down slow -VERY SLOW....is their any hope to get off of this methadone?

I know here in Massachusetts you need to go down to 30 mg of methadone. Go 3 days with none and then can start on suboxone. Apparently the half life is so long in methadone the 3 days w/o is supposed to be enough so that the naloxone in the subs dont make you instantly sick.

Yes keep it up it takes time to be done right though.

From what I hear Methadone and Suboxone don't mix. Suboxone is supposed to be a total opiate blocker and from what I hear it'll make you sick because the Sub takes away the other drugs and sends you into withdrawals. Do they not have a maintenance program where you are? From my experience they are a lot cheaper then buying drugs off of the street and will help you improve your daily life! Good luck with everything!

I'm on the methadone clinic as well,I know what you mean by wanting your life back.No sex life for me I'm in bed by ten o'clock every night not to mention not having normal bile movement.I'm seriously thinking about detoxing down from the methadone,then I'm going to go on the subox.wish me luck but I think it's going to work.