I have been on  methadone from 1999-2005 then again from 2008-currently. I am down to 4 mg and i might as well not take it as I feel like sh*t everyday.  I have kids to take care of; I cannot believe doctors can allow their patients to feel this horrible and not do anything to help it.  It was my fault for becoming an addict, but i now need  help to get off methadone.

I started using little bits of heroin to get over methadone withdrawal   Kinda stupid i know, smoking pot helps, heat on your body, and clonidine patches (but you have to tell your dr you are detoxing and he will probably red flag your medical chart).  I am also on lorazepam which is a benzodiazipene that also helps with restless leg and sleeping. Other than that I have nothing to offer.  

If somebody knows something that worked for them, please let me know. 

Lucious75

Suboxone has been a miracle drug for my addiction to heroin. So much better and safer than that methodone poison.

Suboxone is poison to my body if taken more than a week. Hope you react different

I have used Suboxone on the 2 occasions I needed to get away from prescribed addiction. It has reduced the withdrawals to nearly nothing. I think I am feeling withdrawal this time is because I started the Suboxone too soon. In the long run though, Suboxone is the best way to detox from any prescribed addiction. Don't do drugs to get off of drugs. That doesn't even make sense. I used to be a street drug addict and I assure you that street drugs are harder to get over. Get to a pain management dr and explain your situation and ask about Suboxone. It can't hurt to ask..