Aloha , I had arthitis in my right Hip, bone on bone, in 2004 my doctor put me on pain pills, I tried very kind, perc's, oxcodne,morphine
but after a year of that, I kept coming back in to th office to get more and more, so doc tells me he is going to put me on a PAIN MANAGEMENT, pill Called METHADONE............OK so i start on it but still take 4 oxcodone, and 2 morphine and know 40 mg of methadone a day. Well about 3yrs later I finally get a hip-placement 7-11-08,

Dec 11 2009, I went to detox. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I had to get off this sh_t
I have lost everything, my Friends & Family, all my bills I could not pay anymore, I am losing my Home I have been in for 16 yrs, and i almost lost my life.

It is 62 days now, It WAS ONE HELL OF A RIDE, I had to learn to walk again, write again,I could not even sign my name for 40 days, type,I could not use my mouse for my coumputer, I ended up twice in ER totally dehydrated, the low bloodpressure med they give you to help with the withdraw sydomes almost kill me ;my body blacked-out and then Drop like a stroke 3 times,
Methadone should be made illegal. It eats you organs and your bones up.
Today I am still sick 62 days now. Thank God I am alive to let you know what happen to me. :-(

PLEASE READ BELOW
Methadone Side Effects:
Methadone Detox should mean safely taking a person off of methadone. Taking methadone is promoted as a substitution for detox from heroin. Methadone is sometimes called synthetic or man made heroin. Methadone has incorrectly been called a detox or cure for heroin addiction. Methadone is a drug substitute for heroin, not a cure for addiction. Methadone withdrawal is often four times longer than heroin withdrawal. A characteristic of a methadone user or addict is 'unfeeling'. This is because the numbing effects of methadone last much longer than heroin.

Methadone detox is required to properly remove the longer lasting effects of this drug.

Methadone Withdrawal:
Methadone withdrawal requires a doctor's approval. After a doctor has given the OK to stop using methadone, withdrawal from methadone is done similarly to heroin withdrawal. Often the effects of methodone last much longer than heroin, and are more painful if withdrawing without expert supervision. Methadone attacks the bone marrow where the red blood cells are produced in a person's body, and robs this area of calcium and other needed minerals. While the methadone user is taking methadone, the pain and damage caused by the drug is unfelt because methadone is primarily a pain killer. When the drug effect wears off, the methadone user is forced into taking the drug every day or takes the consequences of withdrawal and feels extreme pain.

Methadone Detox Solution:
A way to repair the damage that methadone addiction creates and get the person off of methadone safely has been discovered. The solution to methadone detox is a full range of nutrients plus a special Cal-Mag formula of mixed calcium and magnesium together in a way that is highly usable by the body. This special formula non-drug formula acts as a natural sedative or relaxant, and helps the body repair the damage from the drug. A natural way to withdrawal from methadone should prepare the person for the next step of methadone detox and finish with a full rehab. No drugs would be needed in the detox and rehab because the cause of the pain would be treated effectively.

Hi Off Methadone. Can you allow emails on your profile. I would like to send you a msg. Thx!

Do you have more detailed information about these nutrients?I remember reading about this doctor who has a detox/rehab facility and he uses nothing but natural supplements and herbs by I.V.What impressed me was that no one had ever left treatment ...not one person.Most rehabs will tell you (if they are honest)that most methadone patients dont make it past a week or two because of the severe withdrawl symptoms.Fortunately they have subutex or soboxone (buprenorphine) in most treatment facilities now,and that has dramatically increased mdone patients to stay and complete treatment.Wonder if they combined the nutrients and buprenorphine,if that would reduce withdrawls even more?Thanks

Methadone´s has a huge half-life. It´s something like morphine of slow release.  Detoxing from methadone is a slow process. I would say to you find out a good doctor take control of the situation and to give you supervision while you reduce quantity. It´s a long process. Morphine for example has short half life....the withdrawals usually last 15 days but after that, the body is free almost free of the drug but the receptors in the brain take more time to reorganize. That´s why people stop morphine or heroin and after the first withdrawals called physical withdrawal, people still complain about depression, lethargy and many symptoms that take much longer to subside. The doctors call it post withdrawal symptoms but in my opinion it´s part of withdrawal i dont like the name post withdrawals.

The 15 days of physical detox of morphine is equal to 3 month of detox of methadone in comparision because of the bigger half life of methadone.

I´m not a doctor but i think the right think to do is reduce dosage during a long period. Do not expect methadone withdrawals to subside quickly. It will take a long time....many months. But the symptoms Will subside.

THE BETTER WAY TO DETOX FROM METADONE IS TAKKING BEUPENORPHINE THE MAGIC PILL IT WORK I DID IT MY FRENS OK.GOOD LOOK

After a decade of taking pills and using patches for back pain and trying to detox numerous times over the years i finally did it!   I have been in ER's for withdrawals, laid up in bed for weeks, took Suboxone, etc.  I then decided to try it another way since I have kids and could not function like this.  i took a powder supplement called Ultra Clear PH, Gingerforce and Tumericforce.  wont lie, the powder tastes like c**p but it was VITAL to the body pains of withdrawals.  I have been free of that junk since Feb. 

A lot of withdrawal is in your head.  You just need to change your routine and not just sit around thinking about it.

Methadone is a synthetic Opiate Agonist.  It's meant to act on the neuro receptors in the same fashion as opiates and remove the withdrawal effects along with the cravings.  No one drug is a "cure" for the "disease" which is addiction.  When you enter this 
"Methadone Management Program" your doctor should have explained to you it would be a long process.  The first part is getting your "dose" high enough to counter balance the effects of the opiate you were taking to start with.  This means you were probably still taking opiates at first to "top-off" your Methadone dose until you doctor, if he's competent, got your methadone dose to a level where the withdrawal effect and cravings were gone.  Once you get to that level, most doctors will keep you there until you "life" improves.  This varies from person to person but in a nutshell it means until you get "your affairs" in order.  Make some changes that will be beneficial to you.  Get yourself a job, change your friends, get counselling even join NA or AA.  Some of these groups can be beneficial.

Now here's part 2, and this should be done in a team effort.  This means you, with you doctor, establish a plan to reduce or ween you off Methadone.  Again this will be a long process, we are talking months if not years, depending on the person.  And don't kid yourself, like the opiates its meant to replace, methadone can be weened fairly rapidly until the very end (the last 20-30gm/d or so) where the weening will be a slow process.  But again, if it's done properly, there should be little or no side effects to it.

I'm not sure who your doctor was, but I'm surprise to hear that you were taken off Methadone cold turkey.  If your doctor saw that you were not reacting well to the reduction of the dose he should of re-increased it until you were able to start reducing again.  However, if you are weening off 62 days is NOTHING in the process, 62 WEEKS is a normal time frame, even longer in some instances.

I speak from experience as I am currently weening off Methadone, I'm on week 36 of my weening process.  I went through a time where the reduction wasn't working but I believe that the program works.  The proof I no longer need any opiates nor have I needed any since week 2 of my management program.  However, my doctor explained the pros and cons of the methadone and suboxone programs.  I chose the Methadone program because of financial and availability issues (if I went with suboxone, I would of had to wait 3 weeks before getting my first dose, and pay for it as opposed to having it covered under my medical plan, and I didn't want to take another opiate in my life.  I still had to take a grand total of 2 80s "Oxycontin" during my 2 first week to level off or top off what the methadone wasn't helping with, which was sleep!  Once I explained my issue to my doctor and he adjusted my dose, I rid myself of my habit!).

I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I find it deplorable that you should simply "write-off" the entire process because it didn't work for you.  Alot of people search the internet in need of solutions to their problems.  Reading such a negative comment is not only discouraging but could actually make the difference between someone seeking help and simply giving up.  All this because of 1 person's bad experience, which could be attributed to many factors, not all related to proper protocol when it comes to this Management Program.

In closing, I feel terrible that you had such a bad experience, but I would wish that you would change your title to reflect that this is yours, and your experience alone and not the fate of the entire program, since the program, in my case was beneficial and had no adverse effects on my health other than make it better!

From what I read, you tried to do it alone, which is NOT the way to do it...  Home remedies can KILL, and I would suggest going to a Methadone clinic and getting the weening process done right.  I'm almost sure if it's done right, you won't feel very much of the withdrawal effects, if any at all.

Good luck!

well its been 15 mths for me i have very bad nerve pain i still want to kill myself i cant see how it will ever go away i take all those vitams and no help what next>??????????????????/

yea tell ur self that if it was in my head it would not hurt this bad

Matt Nichols wrote:

Addiction Sucks,Lies, Cheat's Steal's Confuses Kills 'Pill's Thrill's Kill's>.................................................................................................................................................................................................!Seen It All Done It All Still Fighting It All Suffering Have Script's For Insane Doses Off All Last Year Went From 6mg xanex or more 100 mg methanone 40mg rockecet alochoal and an occanosial shot of methanphimine to20 mg methadone 4 mg xanax now juggling feel horrible cant spell function proper.....paranoid dont know what i have or havent done prior these last few months today i dropped to 10 mg methadone and nursing point 25 mg xanax refuse to do any more done and not exceed 4 mg xanax also take melatonin 3 mg @ night basically sucks around the clock however i must beat this merrygoround or it is going to make me a staticiect also.wish i could help another reason to not give up so i maybe someday can sorry bout the spelling and not able to give advice i do apprecieate your's.

Hi - I have been on methadone for over a year now and did not know until now how dangerous it is. I need to stop using but am afraid of the withdrawals. I have always be suicidal, have attempted suicide many times in the past. I'm afraid I might succeed when I attempt to stop the methadone. What can I do? Can anyone help me?

It is so nice to know that others, who had either hip surgeries or failed back surgeries and a neck surgery like me, are trying their best to come off the pain management drug "Methadone".  

After my S1-L4 lumbar surgery failed, I was prescribed oxycotin 90mg, which I did not want to take, because they gave this to me during surgery and for four weeks after the day of surgery. I took myself off the oxycotin without telling my doctors, because the constipation was so bad. I went through a long week of bad withdrawals. Then to find out the constant nerve and back pain was not leaving me and having to get back on oxycotin depressed me. However, June 9 of 2003, my orthopedic surgeon put me back on oxycotin, and a year later, it damaged my bowels. Today, I have melanosis coli because of it. To make a long story short, my orthopedic doctor sent me to pain management doctor, who prescribed me 560mg of methadone daily starting on April of 2004. From 2004 to 2009, my medicine increased to 80mg of methadone, 60 mg of (MSIR) morphine and (1800mg of Neurotin). On December 15, 2009, I was angry to be on all this medicine and finally took myself off without the advice or consultation visit of a doctor. The first month, I went from 80mg of methadone to 40mg of methadone, and I went from 60mg of morphine to 15mg of morphine, and finally 1800mg of neurotin to 0mg or no daily neurotin. By the third week I was so sick, I kept saying to God just take me, I don’t want to live this way from drug withdrawals. Unfortunately, surrendering to my anger was not the way of coming off methadone or morphine. My doctor was so mad when I finally called him, telling me i could have a heart attack or stroke out from tapering off so drastically and abruptly, but I am sure that many have done it this way. I was ignorant never knowing what methadone was truly doing to my body. After three months of really bad cold chills, sweats, black diarrhea, skin crawls, yawning, runny nose, some hallucinations, a stomach that would not stop burning, which felt as though it was on fire. Furthermore, i lost 39 pounds because i could not eat, the worst was finally over, but i still had the insomnia and excessive energy for eight month thereafter.

I stayed on 30mg of methadone until last week. I have decided again to come off methadone completely, which I have been on for a total of 8 years and two months. I decrease 10mg about 10 days ago, from taking 30 mg on a daily basis, so now I am on 20mg. In two weeks, I will decrease again, and wait a month before coming off the last 10mg. I know what to expect, but feel I won’t go through it as bad as i did back in December of 2009, because I came off of a lot of medicine in 30 days. However, I am still not telling my doctors, because they love controlling us who live on this sh*t.  I never once abused my prescriptions, but if you tell someone you take methadone for pain, they automatically think you are a drug addict. I feel bad for the many drug addicts out there and I learned through my first withdrawals that a person could do just about anything when they are so sick from withdrawals, and who are we to judge anyone on this earth. We do not know what a person goes through in their daily lives and until you walk in those persons, moccasins' please do not judge. 

I would like to confirm that i used to have sharp stabbing immobilizing nerve pain in my back when i was on a lot of medicine before I took myself off of a large dosage, and afterwards i may have (1) ONE sharp immobilizing pain daily. Therefore, it proves to me how bad methadone is on your body, it creates more pain when a person does not constantly increase every 3-6 months.

It is the best decision i am making to come off of the last 30 mg, well now it is 20mg, because I started 10 days ago decreasing 10 mg from 30mg a day. I have heard other people say, because I have been on this drug for 8 years, that it will be so hard to stop taking it daily. Well, I have always been ambitious and motivated and love to prove anyone wrong. I am not a person to give up on anything in life no matter how hard it is physically, mentally, and emotionally. Now, please understand, I am not saying that i have not had thought of leaving this earth because of the many health problems i am enduring, and i am not just talking about back and neck. Unfortunately, God is always testing my strength, patience, and pride, which I will say pride and patience is a little off balance. However, even though i go through hardships and have contemplated at time to leave this earth and be in heaven with my family members and God, I must stay here and fight never surrendering to my disability and lack of money.

I finally started an internet business and have hi hopes for this and yes, I decided to come off these meds during this time, but have a partner, who will be working with me, so she can help with the business. I enjoy having focus and working and feel this will get me through the withdrawals as well. 

I am replying in response to the woman, who is 62 days into it and still having withdrawals. Unfortunately, you will go through another month of it and then feel better or only have the lighter withdrawals. Please stay positive, yes Methadone to me is the worst to come off of but have a strong mind, no matter what even when the devil tempts you do not surrender to his wickedness, always ask God for help. God will guide you through these hard times.

I want to thank you for letting me know about the calcium supplements, I will go today and buy these along with other nutrients our bodies need during the methadone depletion. I did not know about this the first time I came off the larger doses, but hopefully this would alleviate some withdrawals. I am anticipating the next six days, knowing the withdrawals will be stronger than what I am going through now, since Methadone is an analgesic, which is a reserve of half of the dosage, meaning you will not feel the true withdrawals for two weeks after you start to reduce. Therefore, in 4-6 days, I will probably go through the worst part of these withdrawals.

I really hope anyone, who reads this please know there are many of us living on this German invented drug and ready to live without it. I wish all of you success in coming off Methadone or any other opiate or narcotic drug.

It does not matter if you abused it or you did not abuse it, either way it kills your organs and teeth. I am currently living with infected teeth down into my jawbone, and have been living on antibiotics because the infection will not leave my jawbone. I use to have pleasantly noticeable teeth, but not today, because of Methadone, and regardless of what the FDA reports, saying methadone does not affect the teeth, which is bull sh*t anyone who knows me knew how always took care of my teeth through flossing, rinsing with mouth wash, and brushing 3 times a day. Yes, I have digestive problems, as well, but never had teeth problems until 4 years ago, was the start of it, now I need dentures, which i am so fearful of. I have metal throughout my spine, which does not bother me, but the thought of dentures terrifies me. I started my business for many reasons, but one being i want implants on all the bottom teeth.

I also will be selling excellent medical massaging devices at such an affordable price to help many of us, who need these devices to help relieve the chronic pain during usage. Furthermore, unlike many American businesses that put such a high profit margin on their imported products, I choose not to conduct business this way. I feel everyone should have operable quality products, at affordable prices, especially when our country is declining with jobs and finances. Moreover, we only purchase top quality products, not the second or third grade components in a device creating a not fully functional product for longevity.

I will not disclose my website because of my personal information that i just disclosed in this reply, I hope all of you, who read this understands since we live in a world full of many Gods, or people who judge, just do a Google search for these products. If you find my site great we will service you a hundred percent with quality merchandise and information.

Best Wishes & Regards Always,

Good luck to all of you with all your endeavors.

U said u even did not know what a methadone pill is,even a withdrawal.
You never took drugs.So you experienced withdrawals which i had a few times.Let me tell you,i was on methadone withdrawal and xanax withdrawal and If i could choose again I would take the methadone withdrawal ! You have no experience ,you are overreacting with the methadone. ;)

OffMethadone wrote:

PLEASE READ BELOW
Methadone Side Effects:

Methadone Withdrawal:

Methadone Detox Solution:

I guess im dead because i had that weight reduction surgery back in 02 and am severly vitimine deficient. expecially calcium and protien ect. If i quit methadone im sure i will die.