I had to kick a 13 year methadone withdrawal, from 120mg a day to zero because the detox couldnt start giving me suboxone until my methadone withdrawal peaked. That took 4-5 days. Didint think I was gonna make it. Then they started giving me suboxone, I felt normal after a full day of it, then they gave me 24 mg over the day, ten 20, then 16, then 12, then 8 for 3 days, then 4mg 1 day, then 2 mg in the morning and I was realeased. Now im feeling crappy again. I'm home, only have motrin, and hot showers to help. A couple lorazepam, about 8 - 1 mg pills too for extreme retlessness. When's this nightmare going to end? I was only on the suboxone for about a totoal of 8 days.  From 24 mg to 2 mg (in 8 days). Help!

I was addicted to pain killers (darvocet n-100 was my favorite) I put my wife and kids through hell for 14 years. My wife got tired of the life i gave her and told me i had to stop or i had to leave. i went to detox 2 times before and they gave me suboxon for 4 days while i was there, they gave me no after care and i left detox went to a e.R. and got some pain killers for my fake back injury...or my neck injury.

It was Saturday September 26 2010...that was the last day i took a pain killer. I went to a detox i found by chance on the internet, so i called and i was in the next day. They started me on suboxon and i knew it would work while i was there. The fod was great the people were great and they said i would not leave until i had some kind of after care. They called a Dr in my area (south New Jersey) I know the first appointment was a lot of money....over $400.00. They talked to the Dr and he waived the first visit fee and all i had to pay was $150.00 and i would see him 1 time a month for a check up and refill. I was on 2 sublingual tabs 8 mg/2 mg. i was on this for about 9 months, as of yesterday i am on 1 1/2 tabs per day.

I do not know what state you live in but you need to see if you can find a Dr. that can prescribe suboxon. A few days is no where near enough time. As you know if you take suboxon you can take any other pain med and will not get high as the suboxon has 2 mgs of narcon, The same drug they give to people who OD. It is not always an easy search but you gotta try. You can't live with withdraw...I know as i am sure so do you. I have insurance that covers the cost of the meds...its over $500.00 a month if you take 2 a day.

not all Drs can write for suboxon,They have to attend a 4 hour course and pay for a license and can only see 20 patients the first year,100 the 2nd year and 200 a a year after that. Please contact me if you have any questions.

I am blessed to be free from addiction  and like the title of the movie. I would like to pay it forward. When i was at the first detox place i met a woman who was just like me,pain killers, she said she would pray for me and about 6-8 months after detox i was in a drug store getting a script from a hospital using a fake name and ss # and address and as i waited the woman walked past me and stopped and we talked for a bit and she said she had something for me and handed me a cut out add from the newspaper,it was old and in bad shape and she said she had it in her purse for when we would meet again. We live nowhere near each other and it was fate. I called the # and they were not taking any new patients....that sucked....i was really down but after the new detox and the new Dr i am on the road to freedom from drugs. I never thought i could do this but i did and am now fixing my relationship with my wife and kids....1 day at a time. thanks for reading my short story. I will pray for you...i will.

Recon

Thanks for your reply.

I live in Northeast PA, (USA)

I went thru 5 days of hell kickin a 13 yr Methadone tablet habit.

Then the subox helped, I was quickly weaned off. Got home 2 days ago (from rehab), and I felt exhausted, chills, and backache. Couln't take another withdrawl. My wife had milder pain killers she doesnt need, and now im taking a few of them to avoid withdrawal again. A vicious cycle.

Frank

Not to burst your bubble , but don't take your 12.3 mgs of suboxone tomorow morning and you'll redefine your definition of addiction free. suboxone withdrawal can take as long as methadone ''withdrawal, if not longer. KEEP TRYING

The call Suboxone methadone lite.