I think my sister occasionally has anxiety symptoms. She sweats all of a sudden and has those unexplainable fears. There’re days when she goes out normally, but sometimes she simply fears to leave the house. I’ve red about anxiety disorders and think she has a mild anxiety problem. Please, I’d appreciate any advice or general info about mild anxiety and what could help? Thanks.

Hi? Mild anxiety is very common, it might be said that every person have sometimes experienced mild anxiety problems. And it is more common in woman than in man. Severe anxiety is much more serious and it must be treated with medications for it may cause serious medical condition or even a depression or suicide. I myself suffer occasionally of mild anxiety and know that feeling of tension. You sweat your hearth start pounding harder, you feel tightness in chest and stomach cramps or sometimes even a headache. And there’re many causes to anxiety: some unconscious fear from childhood, genetic factor or the person has experienced some illness… But the good news is that usually mild anxiety is short-lived. Though it might happen it repeats from time to time so that the psychotherapy is advised as a treatment.

I think it is normal to have some anxiety because if we didn't our body wouldn't be working properly. I am however concerned about her if she is not wanting to leave her home some times.

I would have her eat an all natural diet with no artificial flavorings or colorings if she is willing. This is hard to do with food nowadays, but I have seen many people have great results feeding their body what it needs and in turn it balances out their chemical imbalance.