I wonder what hypnotists need to know about the patient he is treating? I mean my mom is going tomorrow on her first hypnotherapy for the mild depression she suffers of for years now and I am afraid of some possible side effects though she seems to have found a certified and very experienced hypnotist.

If she has found such hypnotist I presume he already know how to deal with that but anyway your mom needs to get him familiar with possible conditions regarding the way she reacts on "provocations" if she is too sensitive or if she has hearth problem or even high blood pressure. She must tell me about some other diseases if she has one and about the characteristics she think that has brought her to this condition of depression. Anyway I don't think there would be any problem regarding the fact that she has already found a good hypnotist.