I love my spouse, I never doubt that, and I know that she loves me, but I have these anxiety attacks (I had a mental breakdown a couple of months ago), and I sometimes catch myself think about leaving my spouse. I don't want to do that when I am feeling okay, so I don't understand what is going on with me.

This is becoming really serious, can my anxiety attacks and eventually a new mental breakdown really take me to that point where I could actually abandon my spouse? I don't want this to happen, but if it can, can I do something about it?

I haven't heard about many cases in which someone abandons their husband or wife because of their anxiety. It happens to a lot with people suffering from bipolar personality disorder, I know about that, but not really because of anxiety. It is possible, but it all depends on the person who is suffering from anxiety and what he is like (or she).

I don't know if this can happen to you but I can give you one advice: don't make any decisions while having one of these anxiety attacks or if you are just in a bad mood due to your anxiety.

Yes, it can happen. It goes this way: a person who cares a lot about his partner will figure out that they are hurting them and they make a conclusion that the best way to keep them safe from themselves is to leave them until they overcome their anxiety. This is one of the cases that I know about, and this was the reason why this man left his wife. He actually told her this before he left and she understood him. They got back together a couple of years later when he got better. I love their story by the way.

That is exactly what I was thinking about. I love my wife and to be frank, I really don't want to leave her. But she will probably be better off without me, she is trying to help me but I am just getting more mad whenever she tries to do anything. I get nervous even if I hear her breathe or swallow something, I don't know, I don't want to hurt her, I don't understand why did this have to happen to me, to us, we were doing so good and now all of this... Please help me, I am losing it.

Then get help. There are clinics specialized in helping people who are suffering from anxiety and have nervous breakdowns, or just starting seeing a psychologist. You have severe anxiety, I know that it's hard but you don't have to leave your wife, you can seek help and work on yourself. Everything is possible if you try hard enough, always remember that. If you have your wife by your side at this time, it will be good for you. You need to acknowledge that you are having a problem and that it needs to be fixed, and that your wife is there by your side to help you.

Unfortunately yes, it can happen. Of course, I don't know a lot of cases. Actually, I do know three cases where wife abandoned her husband because she had so many breakdowns ( I am talking now about one case that happened not so long time ago).

I really don't know, I can't figure out what can happen in someone's head to abandon someone who is trying to be there for you, who changed whole life because of you, but we can't judge anyone because anxiety and depression are really hard mental issues and people can struggle with them....

The bad luck is because I have experience with it. Really negative experience. Anyway, my fiance has had a nervous breakdown a couple of months ago. That day she has left me and said that she doesn't love me anymore. That was the worst day of my life. We lived together and than she just left without saying a word. So according to my experience, it is possible. I tried to find her but I couldn't. She just disappeared and I don't know is she even in my town anymore. I just can't describe you how I feel about this whole situation. Maybe it is my fault because I haven't noticed that something is wrong with her. But she left me, that is the only truth.

I know a couple of stories as well. The question can a breakdown or depression make you abandon your spouse is really hard to answer. But, generally yes, it's possible, at least I think so. I don't have a experience with it, but I do have experience with depression and it has often been a complete lack of feelings. Sometimes, when I am in condition like this, I am wondering do I even love my boyfriend or not. So I understand what you are saying. But can you do anything about this? Sadly, I don't think you can :/ 

I disagree that there is nothing you can do about this. Sure you can. I mean, there are so many experts who can help you, there are so many specialized clinics like EatingBoss told you, where you can get some help as well. I understand that you are feeling bad and that sometimes you believe that you can't do nothing to help yourself, but you can do. If you really love your wife, go out there, visit some of those clinics and tell them what is your problem. If you don't want to do that, think about your spouse and do that for her. I am sure that someone will be there who is going to tell you what to do and maybe they will prescribe some therapy for you. But you need to be persistent. Good luck.