Can anybody tell me what are childhood psychological problems or precisely is that possible that child could be having some psychological problem? My sis has 6 year old daughter that to me looks too much retired and even depressed, but I can't get how come and way such a small kid could be depressed. I first thought she is just shy but I don't think that anymore for she just burst in crying for no special reason I feel like she has got something to say but doesn't know how? So in general I need some childhood psychological problems info and how come a child could be depressed anyway?

Childhood psychological problems are very common nowdays so it is not like it just could hit the adults only. So there is a number of childhood psychological problems that could affect very significantly whole their life – so there you have ADHD, social phobia in children , bipolar disorder and other social disorder that could occur in childhood and if not recognized on time and treated right it may take more serious forms later on in the future. Anyway if yours sis child is depressed it is always better to find out what have caused it and how much severe is her depression –maybe it is just mild one but no matter even the less severe form of depression could turn into complicated one causing real social and behavioral problem if not treated on time. Usually the depression treatment consists of antidepressants and mood disorder meds combined with psychotherapy but the main stress is on psychotherapy where the patient could talk freely about what he feels. It doesn't have to mean even that she is depressed for some specific reason that is current in her family for it may simply be the matter of genetic so there is also the possibility she inherited some bad family gen.