I'm 18 years old & 200 pounds. I really want to lose weight before summer comes. I was signed up to go to this place to work out but then I moved away and I have no way there at all. Could someone give me some ideas of how I can lose weight before the summer comes and what types of foods i should eat and how I should work out at home?

There is a cereal called Special K it is made by Kellogs. You eat 3 meals a day two of those meals is a bowl of Special K with 2% or skim milk and your third meal is just a regular healthy diet meal (preferbly baked.) And they have Special K snack bars that you can eat during the day. I tryed this diet and lost weight on it. This is the healthiest and safest way I know of to loose weight not to fast but not to slow either. :-)

You need to clean up your intestines so you can absorb the nutrients that you eat. Do this by eating fiber-rich food or fiber supplements.

Cut down on the calories especially on meat and simple carbohydrates.

Avoid oily food. Avoid sweet food especially those that only give you empty calories. Empty = no or very little nutrition.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

You may want to take food supplements to enhance your weight loss experience.

get a healthy breakfast to start your day...everyday. healthy breakfast should be full of essential nutrients for the body after the "fast".

eat 7 to 9 servings of colorful variety of fruits and vegetables a day.

drink 8-10 glasses of water per day.

health meal
= about 30% protein. about 20% to 30% fats, and about 40% to 50% carbs + sufficient micronutrients + water.
= sufficient calories to support daily activities

8 to 10 glasses of water per day, depending on built/weight and activity.

eat enough fiber per day, basically from fruits, veggies, complex carbs, and/or fiber-rich food supplements.

cut down on your consumption of simple carbohydrates / sugars like white rice, pasta, donuts, pizza, and sodas.

exercise regularly, also for cardiovascular / heart, muscle, and bone health.

sleep about 8 hours a day. those who sleep less than 7 hours have great risk of gaining weight.

take sufficient omega-3 for intestinal health and cellular health.

avoid alcohol. the body converts alcohol into body fats.

take food supplements to ensure you give your body enough nutrients per day.

my cousin did the lap band surgery he is only 19 years old and he lost 45 pounds the first month this is his second month now and he is doing pretty good it is not an open surgery is only 4 or 3 little cuts in your abdominal area he eats a lot of vegetable juices, chicken soup, etc. he walks half an hour everyday, if you want I can ask him for his diet maybe you can follow it, if you don't want to do the lap band

Lap band is one of the best & effective weight loss surgery method. But the surgery is quiet expensive in USA, however you can get in done in bordering Mexico at much cheaper rates.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed