Hey, is anyone familiar with negative calorie diet soup recipe?
I would be very grateful for recipe!!!

Hello!
Here it recipe for a soup, which improves burning off fat:
• 500 ml canned tomato (pellati)
• 1, 5 l water
• 2 packet of instant soup
• 2 big paprikas (green, red or yellow)
• 6 big onions
• 1 head cabbage (cca 1kg)
• 0, 5 kg celery
Chop vegetables on middle-sized pieces, put vegetables in water and cook on big fire for 10 minutes. Turn fire down and cook for another 10 minutes (until the vegetables are soft). At the end, add salt, pepper, soya sauce or other spices that you like … You can eat the soup whenever you're hungry; the more soup you eat, the more weight you lose!!!
Remember, you can drink water, tea when you're thirsty (without sugar!) but do not have soft drinks and carbonated beverages! There is also one special rule about this soup diet: no booze - not even a drop!!!

The idea of a negative calorie diet is ridiculous, there are no foods that use more calories in digestion than you would gain from eating them other than cellulose and water. I certainly do NOT recommend eating a diet solely costing of either or both of these as it will result in death.

Please don't post unhelpful and false information. Totaly untrue!

There is no scientific basis for any of this.

Also untrue, the best way to burn fat is to exercise and reduce consumption, i certainly dont advise eating as much soup as you can. Have a bowl and take a walk!

Actually it is possible, when your body has to use more calories than the food you are consuming contains, there is a negative calorie net result.

What about making your own soup with only vegetables. Chopped tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, beans, spices and a thinner like water or chicken stock and other veggies you may like. Soup is filling and made properly very beneficial in a program combined with excersize and other healthy food choices. Making your own soup also provides you with the control of salt/sodium. I have no specific recipe but soup is easy to make and can be perfected with some trial and error.

I just wish the people who are asking for help with weight loss would realize that there is NO quick fix (except surgery) and that a lifestyle change including meal planning and excersize is going to be the only way to garauntee weight loss and maintaining those results. If you notice, practically every plan or pills' success is based on the fact that you have to add these changes. Any pill that claims you dont have to change your eating habits to achieve results is a scam. It is the pitch that lures you in. A person cannot maintain a high calorie diet and eat a pill to keep them from being affected by all those calories. Not yet anyway. If its over the counter, steer away from it as a main source for weight loss.

I do believe that programs such as Jenny Craig and Atkins can and do work. But the key is to maintain the loss over time and to continue with those same foods and choices. A body can and will react to even the slightest change in diet. The holidays are a prime example. A bodys metabolism is used to a particular cycle and settles there. Then a person eats one or 2 extra helpings of something and there is possibly instant weight gain. That COULD be just simply water. But then the person returns ASAP to the original eating plan and it comes off again. The whole reason for the 'lifestyle change' is to reset your metabolism. The initial result is either no weight loss as your body is adjusting or a few pounds of weight loss from water. Then, with a vigilant plan, the body can maintain the new metabolic rate.

My suggestion is to bust that bubble and come back to reality. Then make your soup, eat LEAN proteins (i.e. chicken breast, fish, beans, cheeses, etc) drink lots of water and tea (unsweetened or sweetened artificially but even that CAN be harmful so proceed with caution), excersize, take vitamin supplements (our bodys require certain amounts of nutrients that we can NOT acheive by eating alone AND GET MEDICAL ADVICE BEFORE DOING THIS PART) and get your 8 hours of sleep. Sure it will be difficult to do all this but you can incorporate a little at a time until it becomes routine. The results will not be immediate but it is the start to retrain your metabolism. People who are overweight and want to lose it may crave that immediate gratification then abandon all hope when it doesnt come facilitating more weight gain.
Think about it.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I HAVE DONE A LOT OF READING AND RESEARCH ONLINE. PLEASE MENTION THE THINGS IVE SAID TO YOUR DOCTOR OR BETTER YET SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPORTIVE OF YOUR EFFORTS TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE COMMITING TO A SELF REGULATED PLAN.

I know it can be done.

Quote:

The idea of a negative calorie diet is ridiculous, there are no foods that use more calories in digestion than you would gain from eating them other than cellulose and water.

Exactly - celery, lettuce, etc. those are mostly made out of only cellulose and water. And, oh, look at that, they are on the list!

I do agree with you on that there is no certain medical research to support the 'negative calorie' claim, but all the foods on that list are foods that are good for you, and you'll do only good by eating them.

Even if they do not burn more calories oto eat then they contain, weightloss will most likely occur because:

-it is still very low calorie
-it is very filling (due to the high fiber content)

I watched my friend follow this "unsubstantiated" diet for a little under a year... and lose just over a hundred pounds.. We both walk religiously and make MOSTLY (haha) healthy food choices. The only difference is this diet. It really is nothing more than a few of these food choices ...... along with eating tuna and salmon. I'm actually going on it full force myself after seeing the results first hand. Before you guys start calling things "ridiculous", maybe do more than read a few online articles and consider yourself an expert. It's working for people.

My husband and I tried this "soup" diet...he lost weight and I didn't.

Just so the person who called the soup 'ridiculous', next time ask a nurse what they feed extremely obese people in hospitals. Guess what? Its that soup, and yup, its called 'negative calorie soup'. However, its important that people following this diet make sure they still eat other foods as well. Fish like salmon with high omega 3 content are extremely helpful in breaking down fat. Also, you need to exercise! Muscle gain, fat loss. Stop thinking losing weight, think losing fat. Get fit!

My neighbor and I attempted this diet together, I can't even begin to explain the SMELL %-) that came from the soup! neither of us could gag the soup down the taste was just AWFUL!!!!! if you can eat it more power to you. The soup is simply a diuretic, I would rather eat what I want and take an exlax!!!!!

There are many variations of the cabbage soup diet, but the best recipe depends on why you are doing the diet.
------------
haddin

The warm feeling I get when someone is thoughtful enough to say thank you for having been helped far outweighs the empty one I get when there's no feedback at all.
________________________
Some detox diets just aren't the same as others. Some of my favorites are very simple, like the master cleanse

I love to cook different kind of recipes. I think that Taste of Home magazine is a nice idea. If the magazine is published means it will helpful to do many kind of recipes. Thank you
_______________________

i have experienced this diet with staff from hospitals and a bunch of people at work and myself who have used it. It is amazing, and it is really difficult to stick to. If you want to be soup buddies then email me. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW IS THAT IF NOT FOLLOWED CORRECTLY YOU CAN BECOME MALNOURISHED, and it seems no one else has mentioned anything other then the soup. Yes you eat your soup to you hearts content, but there is a strict amount of foods you eat with it, day by day to balance the nutrition your body is missing and so that you burn just fat and not muscle from "starving"

Recipe (it takes several attempt to get it the way you like it)

I wont add quantity because everyone may choose to cook for a week or just a few days at a time

carrots
celery
a few green onion
pepper
cabbage if you wish
canned diced tomatoes
and 1 package of beef Lipton (no noodles)

This diet is intended to be done 7 days at a time, and yes it is used for obese hospital patients who need surgery but are risky with the obesity. eat the soup as much as you want. the more the better. on your eighth day, take a break. if you lost more then 10 pounds then take a break for 2 days.

so not to Mal nourish you must eat with your soup;

Day one-fruit, as much as you want but no bananas
Day 2- fresh veggies, for dinner you may gave 1 baked potatoe with a little butter only
Day3-fruits and veggies
Day 4- bananas and milk
day5,6- meat
Day 7- meat and one cup of brown rice

Good luck

I like this diet, I do it in the fall to drop a few pounds before the holidays and in the spring before swimsuit season. My husband has done the cabbage soup too and he likes it. I have to admit if you overeat the soup in the first couple days you will be tired of it by the end of the week. I have used the seasoned canned tomatoes that have jalepeno pepper and other spices which really spices up the soup. Also I have used the "spicy v8" juice instead of regular for more flavor. If you like mushrooms like me, I add extra because they are chewy like meat and I feel more satisfied. My husband and I are not large people but we love food so after we have packed on a few too many pounds we do this diet. Also, in the fall when the weather gets cold the big pot of warm soup already made is pretty handy. I don't get my 5 fruits and 5 veggies per day typically so I feel pretty good about eating this soup. I have lost aprox. 7 pounds each time, hubby ushually loses 9 to 10.