Hi

I am interested in Eat clean diet. I am pretty sure this is the diet that will help me lose all my extra pounds. I really did try a lot of different diets and none of them ever helped me, but I have a good feeling about this one. A friend of mine suggested I should try it.

I am very complicated when it comes to food. I have a couple of favorite foods that I just can’t give up. This is probably going to be a problem, but I will work it out.

Can somebody inform me what foods will I need to cut out if I start following this diet?

Hello

I don’t have any experience with this diet even though I have tried a lot of diets in my life.

This is what I know about this subject. You should avoid processed foods. I believe everyone knows what type of foods I am referring to when I say processed foods. They often come in a jar or a box. They are usually very high in added sugars. On the other hand they lack healthy nutrients such as fiber and whole grains.  They are processed with sodium, and also usually high in fat. This includes all types of snack foods, every single type of candies, cookies and crackers.

Hi. This diet plan is very challenging. Everything you once thought is healthy, now you must avoid. Every single thing that you buy in a box. For example salad dressing. Avoid buying it. Even though it sounds completely harmless (salad dressing, how bad can that be) take a look at the ingredients at the back. I am almost sure that on every box you will find many ingredients that aren’t convenient for this diet plan.

Some of those ingredients keep the dressing from spoiling while it is on the shelf, and the others are used to improve its texture. Next time you need a salad dressing,  make your own at home.

Another thing, breakfast cereal. I always thought of it as a very healthy meal. I used to give it to children all the time. And then, after reading an article about it, I started paying attention on which cereal I am buying.

There are more than 100 kinds of cereal, choosing a healthy one can be very demanding. And the health part is very questionable. So next time, do not just take the first cereal you see on the shelf. Lots of them are packed with sugar and the others are very low in nutrients that you expect a cereal should have, such as fiber. The best thing that you can do is to make your own granola or muesli mix at home.

If I remember something else, I will let you know.

Thank you. Do you have any other ideas? I am afraid if I follow your logic I won’t be able to buy a single thing in the market. I am not a good cook so I probably would not be able to prepare all of the stuff that I want to eat, at home. Does this diet really suggest avoiding everything that you can buy in the market? I think it only forbids highly processed foods, one cannot just avoid all the processed food right? I often buy canned soup, it is really healthy and I love it. Is that ok?

It is not my logic, it is a logic of Eat-clean diet program. And you said you want to follow it, right?

As for the canned soup, no, that is not ok. I believe it is very convenient to have canned soup on hand, but are you aware what are you buying along with it? Do you have any idea how high in sodium it is? If you are so persistent with the idea of buying it, at least get lower-sodium versions. And did you know that many cans are lined with the chemical BPA? This has been linked to infertility, heart disease and diabetes.

Just make your own soup ok?