Two years ago I fell onto my big toe, and heard a loud SNAP. The arch of my foot had collapsed immediately. There was a bruise on the top and bottom of my foot over the lisfranc joint.

I had x-rays that showed nothing. I still don't know exactly what I did. The arch has collapsed and my foot slightly aches all the time. I was told to have physiotherapy and wear an orthotic.

I fear I either tore slightly or completely the lisfranc ligament. The WB x-ray showed loss of arch height and exaggerated space in the joint complex, but this was brushed off - I think, because the injury is so old. 

I can move the cuneiform quite easily with my fingers, whereas I can't with the other foot. It feels loose, but not painful when I do this. It's slightly painful if I go on the tip of my toes, just feels strained.

Has any one else had an old ligament tear, gotten by with orthotics, and had no significant problems? 

I worry about arthritis setting in. Should I pursue and find out EXACTLY what I did? Or should I get by with the orthotic and if/when arthritis sets in, then have a fusion?

I'd love to hear from any body. Thank you.

Katie.