We watch on television only perfect weight people. If someone is overweight, people call him fat and laugh. I am 18 years old girl and I don’t have problem with my weight, but some of my friends have. I want to know more about that problem. I want to be one of them who will understand those people and not just make their problem harder then it is.

Overweight refers to increased body weight in relation to height. This worth when is compared to some standard of acceptable or desirable weight. Overweight may not be due to increases in body fat, but also increase in lean muscle. Percentage of children and adolescents who are defined as overweight has more then double then it was in early 1970s. Now this number is about 15 percents. In the past, these conditions have not been a major public health priority. Common measure that expresses weight to height relationship is BMI, or body mass index. This is mathematical formula which a person’s body weight in kilograms is divided by the square of his or her height in meters. Individuals with a BMI of 25 to 29.9 are overweight and individuals with a BMI of 30 and more are considered obese. All adults with BMI of 25 and more are considered at risk of premature death.