have a couple of things to say, I took morphine to get thru 7 major surgeries over a 10 year span...Yes, the drug helped w/major pain, they sarted me with 40mg of oxy a day,12 years later they were percribing me 240mg a day...i knew it was time to stop when they were wanting to install a morphine pump in my spine....i never got high, and i don/t have any urges for the drug,but my body was addicted, I quit 5 weeks ago cold turkey.....has this been hell, oh yes, first week is HELL........then the recovery starts, week 2, your only 10%better, its still bad, by the PAIN is better, you still feel as if you are dying..week 2, still dying, i/m at week 6 tommor,how do i feel, like pure sh*t, i won't lye, but looking back 4 weeks, i/m probally 25% better, am i sleeping, no,maybe 2 hour nap every 24 to 36 hours, but i taste food again, the smoke taste is gone, hop flashes, like my body and brain is on fire, my hair folicles quit hurting, but it became so bad, i bend over took shears and cut half my hair off, it can/t be on your neck.....smell, better. have gained weight, which i needed, but of course in the wrong place, but i can deal with that later, BP--better, everything is better, but i/m still very sick, i won/t/ lye, you can/t so this alone, i have a friend who moved in to help  me, he waits on my hand and foot, because taking a shower all but kills me.....how long will this take, i don/t know, my doctor doesn't know, but i want this.........and i will do it,,,,,,,,its scary, very scary, take a vitamin every day, and believe or not, eat, eat, eat.........it will save you, i promise, throw the morphine in the toilet, and be strong, don/t ever let a drug do this to you again......YOU CAn, and I can do this......I will do this....even if it take what will seem like forever, it will end.......i know

Let me know if you need help

thank you, but there is no help, just need to keep food and fluids in me 24 hours aday,,,just wish i knew how long this actually takes...

month 3,better, i can breath,taste,everything is better,but not over. sleep, better, maybe a total of 3 hour every 24 to 36 hours. head,headachs are still bad,brain still feels like its on fire, blood still feels like acid, and the feeling of speeding is still in my system, but i don't feel like i/m dying. i can deal w/these sytoms. not up to leaving the house yet (and people going thru major withdraw-you can't work,you have to take the time to heal) one word of advice, do not just cut down your dosage, go cold turkey,get rid of the drug,and bear it out.if the first 72 hours get real bad)and they will)go to the ER-they will keep you on fluids and muscle relaxer,etc=but nothing major,you will be monitored,but they will send you home ina couple of days,and the first couple of months are still bad,but remember,eat,drink,eat,drink, and bear it out...have someone there, yell when you need to,and you will,cry do it all, but it will end. it fel like every week was a month,but you can do this...i still have a way to go,but i see the light at the end of the tunnel. i'm very emtional these days, the drugs keep your mind clouded, and i'm turned on as hell...so if you don't have an outlet, take care of all your needs ok people! do what you have to do, soak in the tup, take lots of showers (they help your body( take vitamins, and eat lots of sugar! you willget these this you can get thru this, and start living life again...Pray alot! i hope my posts help those going thru this,because i felt so hopeless for the first 6 weeks,i really thought i was dying,but it does get better........hang in there people...and be proud of yourself ...it doesn/t matter why you took the drug,for pleasure or pain, the time comes when you have to get off it,,and you can.....

well, i started this journey in May... now oct.1st is only a couple of days away...i/m at the end of my journey. I hope this may have helped someone. i am up to 4/5 hours of sleep a nite, but not continuous. my brain still burns,hot flashes still bad. hav gained weight,almost 20 lbs-only way to survive this is to eat 24 hours a day. face still feels like acid was poured on it. but, as fun as this ride has been, i'm ready for it to be over, and i can tell its ending!! thank god! started to actually walk my dog, and lookin to fix the rest of what time i hav left on this planet. doesn't matter why we were takin the drug, if you can't admit it has destroyed your life, then you need help more than i did. only advice i can give, don't cut down, just stop. i wasted the first 2 months, actually 9 weeks on cutting down. couldn/t take it, had to just stop and start recovery. i chose not to take an opiate blocker. That was my choice, you hav to do what yu need to do, but doctors controled my life for over 10 years with scrips of morphine, i was not going to let them control me for the next few years while takin a blocker. i had no mental addiction, but for those that do, take the blocker. those who do not i do not belive need it. but, if you chose not to take the bocker, it will take 3 to 6 months to heal. I was on maga doses, and i need the fulll 6 months, but the outcome is so worth it. i ws scared my pain would be to intense to live with, and yes, its there, but i just want to freakin live again, and not in a haze. life is toooooo short, we hav one ride, and i lost 10 years of it. i want to enjoy what ever time i hav left. good luck people. YOU CAN DO THIS...........