What kind of test a nerve conduction study is? My doctor ordered NCS for me, but I already had MRI before. He said that this would give him better insight in my condition. I am suffering from neck pain that radiates through my hands, causing tingling felling in my fingers. DO I need a nerve conduction study for this?

I guess it is, it is important to find out what is causing your symptoms. NCS is one way to assess muscle and nerve function and is often used with other tests such as MRI or CT scan that create images of the body. A nerve conduction study is one part of a comprehensive nerve and muscle diagnostic test typically ordered by a physician to evaluate for muscle or nerve damage as part of a medical workup. Once again, he/she uses a computer, monitor, amplifier, loudspeaker, stimulator and high tech filters to monitor the functioning nerves and muscles your body.