Since over 2 years I have observed a lack of sensation in part of my left foot below ankle. I am unable to grip my footwear. The problem is gradually detiorating more so in the last 3 months. There is a slight swelling and a slight discoloration of the skin around the region where I have no sensation. However my toes seem to be perfectly fine although I am able to grip between the first and second toe experiencing a slight pain. Overall I feel a rigid and tight feeling (stretched out kind of a feeling)

Peripheral vascular disease due to diabetes and other causes is common among the elderly and can cause neuropathy of the foot. You will need to consult with your doctor concerning management of your disease. Your podiatrist can outfit you with special socks and shoes to reduce further injury to your left foot. An electrical muscle stimulator (EMS) can help restore some mobility and sensation in your foot.

What about all these symptoms WITHOUT diabetes being the culprit? I don't have diabetes, had loads of different tests, MRI/CT scans but still no joy as to what is causing this - I'm open to suggestion!