%-) i have had this horrible pain which starts in my neckgoes to my upper left shoulder and then the pain radiates in my arm and hand and is numb at times. What could be causing this? i went to the emergency room for it, and the doc said i may have a problem with a ligament in my neck, wrote me a script for pain meds, and sent me on my way.... i went to my regular doctor a few days later & told him my symptoms, but he acted as if i was just seeking pain med. he wrote me a script for tramadol, which did nothing, and here i am 2 months later and it still is killing me.... i want to go to a doctor who cares and wants to find out what is causing this pain, but any idea of what this may be would help out greatly so i could talk to the doc and let him know i've done some research so he will do some HIMSELF 8-|

You didn't say how old are you or what kind of work do you do? It seems to me like this could be caused by bones being pushed to their limits either by your posture or by some kind of repetition activity - like the carpal tunnel syndrome that happens to the people who spend much time at the computers. You probably won't get any reliable results until you do the x ray scans and other tests - the regular doctor first needs to see in which state your bones and muscles are, before he can make any conclusion.

I know the feeling But KEEP on going and looking you will find the right one that can answer all ur Questions alot of these docts today dont seem to care of look futher into this and see whats going on or do test .. SS for the pain Im in the same boat but I had 2 back Fusions and Im finding out if thats part of my pain that Just started in the shoulder like the shoulder bone and in elbow ..

i was having pain in my neck and shoulder took xrays they did not show anything so i went to a specialist in macon ga he ordered a mylogram oh also my back it showed that i had disk in my neck that were pressing against a nerve if i had surgery it would not do anygood i went to a specialist in atlanta he said the same thing it would also take two doctors to do the surgery i declined i would have to have a metal plate put under my neck and still endure pain not me i kept taking meds and using ice packs ehich helped lot one day the pain left once in a blue moon would come back i had a fall in a store and it aggravated everything that i thought was gone now i hurt all over daily throbbing pain i have taken an mri which may or maynot show much the mylogram pin pionts the problem they put u on this table and inject dye in u and spin u around on the table hope this helps u i know how painful it is I TOOK HAVE MY FINGERS GOING DEAD DROP THINGS FROM TIME TO TIME WISH U THE BEST THERE IS NO SURGERY FOR THE NERVE