Hi, I'm a 17 year old male. I don't drink smoke or do drugs. I am obese, but I'm currently on a diet.

For a long time now, I've been having pains and odd feelings in my neck/the back of my head. I was naturally scared that these could be symptoms of a brain tumor. I generally shrugged these pains off because they were ignorable and I found that when I wasn't paying attention to them that I felt alot better.

This brings us to a few weeks ago, where the feelings and pains were getting ubearable. I was getting feelings in my neck and head that I never felt before, such as a fuzzy, dull feeling if I turned my head a certain way, which made me really jumpy and scared when it happened. I was feeling a tingly, nervous sensation throughout my body as well. I was also having these weird feelings of light dizziness that came and went. So, I told my parents and we went to the doctor. He prescribed naproxin (sp?) and told us I needed to get an x ray on my neck in 3 days.

Well, I didn't make it 3 days before having to go into medical hands yet again... The next day, we were having a birthday party for my sister. The next day, I was feeling a little better, but I was still feeling anxiety and pain from my neck. The party went on as scheduled, and I was fine. Until about 2 and a half hours into it, I hyperventilated and had a panic attack for the first time and was rushed to the emergency room. During the party, I was feeling a little shortness of breath because I was in a hot room with alot of people for so long. Throw that ontop of the anxiety about my neck/head, and thats why I had the panic attack. At the hospital, they gave me an EKG, took a chest X ray, and took my blood pressure. All which turned out fine. I also got a blood test, which turned out ok but they did say I had high blood sugar, which could've been what was causing the light diziness feeling.

Eventually, the day came for the neck x ray. The results came out and the doctor told us that I was having muscle spasms. It made sense to me, but why have they been lasting this long is what I wanted to know. After taking naproxin for about a week, I realized it wasn't doing anything. The doctor then prescribed skelaxin (muscle relaxants) to help my neck, she also pointed out that I had really bad posture and twitched my head alot, which didn't help the situation. Just to be safe- she ordered that I got an MRI of the brain, "just in case". The MRI results came out great and without any comments from the doctors except that it was "fine". The skelaxin actually seemed to be working, because along with my neck pain, if I had placed my hand on the back of my neck I could feel something jumpy and twitchy feeling if I moved my head up and down. This feeling was getting lighter and lighter everyday. I felt great for a few days- the "tinglyness" and nervousness feeling went away because I knew that I had lots of tests done and nothing was wrong. Even the light dizziness feelings went away for the most part.

This brings us to yesterday. I've been getting these sharp little pains in my head. Now my question is- I know I had an MRI, but could there be something wrong with my head/brain that an MRI didn't detect thats causing these sharp pains like internal bleeding, or would that show up on the MRI in some way? I will say that I mostly feel these sharp pains when I move my neck or head in a certain way, so could it just be nerve pain or something? But if it is nerve pain, how come the naproxin isn't helping? I've been feeling alot less of the sharp pains today than yesterday, but they are still there a little bit. I'm going back to the doctor's on Thursday morning and will surely tell them about the sharpness pains. Any answers, advice, experiences would be appreciated and would make me less nervous. Thanks.

I have the same problem. I have used Skelaxin, have had MRI's, SSER's, etc and nothing major was found. I have had this problem for about 7 years. The only relief I have received is from getting regular chiropractic adjustments. My back and neck pop out of alignment, and then I get the symptoms you get along with numbness and loss of taste and smell. Of course, when that happens, I have panic attacks. Generally these episodes imrove over a period of 3-6 months, but they return when I am inactive or discontinue chiropractic adjustments. Try checking with a chiropractor for an opinion. (quick note: sometimes the X-ray's do not show anything wrong, but when I go for an adjustment, my back and neck are completely out of alignment)

I have the same problem with the neck and pains in the head. Sometimes the pain shoots to the top of my head. I do have rheumatoid arthritis, but that is under control. My doctor says it is fibromyalgia, but I'm not sure if she is right. The medicine she prescribed has not helped at all and it is getting worse. They haven't ordered any tests and I worry that I may have a brain tumor.

have had similar problems...after 5 years they found slow growing tumor at PPS.

ive been having the same problems and been in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks and they did blood work and everything turned out fine but didnt do an MRI or any exrays i think i may have a pinched nerve or a slip disk but dont know for sure and sometimes cant take this pain at all

I also had that feelings now, one afternoon in the office I feel I had a High blood pressure and my neck is so numb it go's up to my head, I feel Ghost bump always and a pain in my back head, I went to the hospital and the doctor give me pain reliever but still I felt pain. I expect that this pain cause by my eye. 

I have had back neck and now shooting and pinching pain in head in so scared to have an MRI please give me any info you can . Going for MRI on Tuesday I have a beautiful family I am only 39 . Scared so bad have had anxiety real bad for about a year know one could help me or figure what was going on these pinching in my head was constant now it's not as bad !!!

I also have c3,c4 c5 of neck disc space narrowing . Disc degenerate disease runs in my family .