A couple of days ago my doctor recommended me to do cardiac MRI test or whatever it is called. I don't know why, he tried to explain to me, but I didn't want to listen - to be honest, and whatever he told me I didn't understand it. Now I see that this was the mistake, because it is about my health and I should ask him more questions. But I am hardheaded and now I need to ask you a several things about this. For example, very simple question for you - what is cardiac MRI and how long this test last? I hope that you can give me proper answer. Thank you. 

Hey Mellissa,

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a safe, noninvasive test that creates detailed pictures of your organs and tissues. "Noninvasive" means that no surgery is done and no instruments are inserted into your body.

MRI uses radio waves, magnets, and a computer to create pictures of your organs and tissues. Unlike other imaging tests, MRI doesn't use ionizing radiation or carry any risk of causing cancer.

Cardiac MRI creates both still and moving pictures of your heart and major blood vessels. Doctors use cardiac MRI to get pictures of the beating heart and to look at its structure and function. These pictures can help them decide the best way to treat people who have heart problems.

Hey Mellissa,

I had this test done once but the length of it actually depends on what portion of your body is being scanned. It lasts 15 to 90 minutes, depending on the size of the area being scanned and the number of images being taken.

An MRI scanner is a short cylinder that's open at both ends. You'll lie on a motorized bed that's moved inside the scanner. You'll enter the scanner either head first or feet first, depending on the part of your body being scanned. In some cases, a frame may be placed over the body part being scanned, such as the head or chest. This frame contains receivers that pick up the signals sent out by your body during the scan and it can help to create a better-quality image.

Hi everyone,

It is a rather safe test comparing it to the other tests which have anything to do with heart.

An MRI scan is usually carried out as an outpatient procedure. This means you won't need to stay in hospital overnight. After the scan, you can resume normal activities immediately. However, if you've had a sedative, a friend or relative will need to take you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours. It's not safe to drive, operate heavy machinery or drink alcohol for 24 hours after having a sedative. I wouldn't worry about this if I were you.

Hello everyone. First of all, this test is totally safe and I feel some need to tell you this because a lot of my friends don’t believe that it is safe. MRI is short from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) . Like I told you, it is safe and noninvasive test that creates detailed pictures of your organs and tissues. "Noninvasive" means that no surgery is done and no instruments are inserted into your body. This type of test uses radio waves, magnets and computers as well to create pictures of your tissues and your orgasm as well. This test does not use radiation so there is no risk that this can cause cancer.

Hey folks. Like others already told you it is safe and there is no need to be frightened about it. It can cause no damage for your health. At all. Maybe you can have some side – effects after this test, but they are minor, trust me. Now, when you asked about how long does this test last, I can tell you that the examination uses different technology to a normal X – ray and in this case it takes more time to perform. Now, in this case, this scan can usually last about 30 to 45 minutes, which is not that long at all. I think that you all will agree with me about this one.

Hey there. Well, like many of you I had this cardiac MRI test done. Of course, I was really scared at the beginning but doctor told me that there is no need for me to worry about anything. He also told me that this test is really amazing and that it can help me see am I dealing with some heart issues or not. Apparently, I do have some heart issues and cardiac MRI showed this. When I was doing this test, I was done in 40 minutes, which is not that scary. This time is going slow, I need to admit.