I have been having neck pain that radiates to my right shoulder,the pain in my shoulder is worse when I take a deep breath. I have also noticed my right hand is alot colder than my left. I dont know if this is a problem with my circulation, or is this a pinched nerve? Please help me, I have insurance but not the greatest one, so I would like some advice before I see a doctor.

i am going through the same thing. beware, there are many doctors that will ignore what you tell them and try to tell you that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. they will often try to treat every symptom separately instead of looking at them all together. ie, they will send you to a orthopedic for your shoulder and neck, and hand doctor for your temp and color changes in your hand. you must find a neurologist who is openminded towards complex regional pain disorder or thoracic outlet syndrome. these disorders are controversial and what you will often find is that there are doctors who either believe in them or do not, there is no in between. don't let a neuro tell you that you have tested negative for complex regional pain disorder no matter what machines he hooks you up to, that diagnosis requires many visits at different times of the day under different stress conditions where he will monitor and record everything he sees. this is the most important factor of his diagnosis, he MUST actually LISTEN to your every word on every symptom you have ever had from day one before he can make that call. i have seen a neuro but he lied to me and said that i tested neg for it on the emg and nerve conduction study, he also said that the ulnar nerve that did fail in his tests was carpal tunnel syndrome. i later found out from the doc who made the diagnosis that i was lied to by the neuro about the testing neg for complex regional pain disorder and i also found out that the ulnar nerve is not carpal tunnel syndrome. doctors tend to try to discredit any other doctor's diagnosis because it seems they do not like being told what to do or act like you're stepping on their toes by asking them if you might have a certain condition that they themselves didn't think of. and i have an ortho who does not believe that i still have discomfort. he seemed offended when i told him i was still the same after he did a surgery that, as i later found out, was not necessary. they tried to tell me they couldn't do anything for headaches because he only does shoulders, and at first said i had a torn rotator cuff. after my mri he changed his mind and said i had a torn labrum, but during surgery found no tear. and now is trying to treat me for carpal tunnel syndrome. these are all workers comp doctors so if my diagnosis isn't clear cut they think i'm full of it. good luck to you, hope you find a doc who cares.