Hello! I have just got out of the hospital as I had an appendix attack. I had it removed. Anyway, a couple of days before I had an unprotected sex and at the hospital they found out that I suffer from MRSA infection. Is it possible that I have got this infection from this unprotected intercourse? Thank you very much

Didn’t the stuff in the hospital explain to you? MRSA is usually spread in the hospital by physical contact and not by sexual intercourse. So, the infection is so easy to be spread by hand to hand contact. The bacteria that cause MRSA infection are resistant to most antibiotics, but there is one called vancomycin that is often used. However, it may happen that some bacteria are resistant to this antibiotic as well.

Sexual intercourse IS physical contact - unless there's some tantric zen form of which physical contact is unnecessary. In which case, that would solve many a public health problem. MRSA could be transmitted through sexual intercourse, but your partner would have to be tested to determine if he/she is the source. It is more likely that you contracted the infection at the hospital, but not completely likely. Therefore, your partner should be tested - he/she may be a carrier of the bacterium without actually showing symptoms of an infection (such as an open sore). In which case, your partner could actually pass on a more active form of the infection to him/herself. And don't practice unprotected sex in the meantime.

No, unless you or your partner has an exposed wound where the MRSA is/was and touches the other person. It doesn't mean you will transmit it and chances of it being transmitted just from the MRSA bacteria touching someones unbroken skin is very slim. MRSA is on almost every surface out there so saying sex can transmit it in such a way as an STD is untrue.  MRSA is NOT an STD/STI.

You all need to do research. if you have MRSA you are fine as long as you keep the wound clean and covered at all times except while cleaning it, and take the medication and do exactly as your doctor has ordered. 

Here is the truth about MRSA from the CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/causes/index.html

I understand MRSA I've had it 3 times in my bladder. I had that Mesh surgery and I've had bladder problems for years. My husband has never got it because the doctors say it's in a contained area. There has to be direct contact.

you don't kno the meaning of mrsa learn it dummy?

Agreed they don't know what idiots haha

There seems to be differences in opinions, I have heard both from DOCTORS! Nobody is an id**t for asking questions!