Hi, guys. I had a small red bump on my back. However, it has grown and became abscess. I think it is for incision. My doctor says this is probably caused by meticillin resistant staphylococcus aureus or mrsa. I must admit that I don’t know much about his. What are the side effects of mrsa?

Hi, there. These bacteria are resistant to usual penicillin treatment. They are very persistent in the treatment process, so you must be more persistent than them. You should go for incision. However, you should be aware that some side effects are possible. The most dangerous complication is of getting into your bloodstream. Then you will have sepsis. However, this is not so often. Consult your doctor for more details. Good luck!

The main problem with MRSA is that it obviously doesn't respond to many antibiotics, which means that it can spread from the initial infection and affect other body parts, such as your lungs, heart, bones, and blood. My sister had a MRSA staph infection during pregnancy and she was freaking out wondering, can a MRSA staph infection cause miscarriage? Her doctor assured her that that wasn't the case and that it usually ends up not being too serious for anyone. But still, it should be taken seriously, as a MRSA infection can sometimes become life threatening. The best thing you can do is do what your doctor says.