I want to know if mrsa is carried in everyone's bodies. I was told everyone carries mrsa but its dormant. I don't really believe that so i wanted to know if it was true or not.

Yes and no. Bacteria is on everyone's bodies. The particular strain you're referring to is called staphylococcus aureus. Not all, but a particular strain of staphylococcus aureus is methicillin resistant. That would be the MRSA.

Does that help?

Hello there,

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA how you called it is a bacterium which is responsible for several difficult to treat infections in humans. Basicaly MRSA is any strain of Staphylococcus aureus (bacterium) that has evolved resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics.  Beta-lactam antibiotics include the penicillins such as methicillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, oxacillin and the cephalosporins.

Staphylococcus aureus most commonly affects the nostrils but the rest of the respiratory tract, open wounds, intravenous catheters and the urinary tract are also potential sites for this infection.

Healthy people may carry MRSA asymptomatically for a few weeks but even for years. Patients with weaker immune systems are at greater risk of symptomatic secondary infection than people who have strong immune system. I hope this helps.

My granddaughter contacted it from a nose surgery -Antibiotics for 4.5 months then they screaped it and antibiotics for the next 6 months. Shows clear now will it return ?

I'm sorry to hear that. I am currently giving myself IV injection in morning and night for 6 weeks. I was hit by a car last year while on a bike. Broken tibia, femur, wrist, pelvis. Just last week I noticed just under my right knee, the injured leg, it started swelling up. I thought, spider bite. Waited a few days, started hurting bad and could hardly walk. Went to the VAMC in Indy. Two screws from hardware in my leg were loose and cause infection. MRSA.
I your grand daughter gets well. Peace.

No not really. Can you give more information on it.

My sister is an LPN an she said that we all carry MERSA AND CANCER CELLS and my system was run down, so when I let someone who I didn't know who I let live with me had MERSA and I caught it by breathing it. I ended up in the hospital BC I was on Oxycodone 30mg and caught MERSA nasally and an accidental overdose but thank God I'm still alive.

No,it doesn't help

Of course it can come back!!! If you have the flu or something like that that lowers your immune system MRSA has no problem coming back with a vengeance